2016 Ram 1500 Driver Window goes halfway up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cashels

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hi! I have been all over trying to figure this out. I have a 2016 Ram 1500. The driver-side window goes down just fine. When going up, it goes halfway and then stops. It has done this before and I did the 10 seconds up and down to reset and it worked. It is doing it again and nothing works. I have tried the 10 second, 5, and 3. None of them seem to do anything. I am starting to think it is the switch. I just wanted to see if anyone had any other ideas before I order a new switch.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a "force" limit (HALL) sensor when the window is rolling up (to prevent your arm from being caught if you're rolling up the window). I'd say it's the sensor, which is part of the motor housing, but it could also be the door module. (See the wiring diag. below).

If it was the switch, you'd get an intermittent or permanent no roll up (or down) while using it in "manual" mode.

There's actually two modes with the switch: Manual - you only pull/push the switch about 1/2-way, and as soon as you let go, the window will stop rolling up/down. Or auto: You momentarily push or pull the switch all the way, and the window automatically rolls all the way down or up unless you quick press the switch again. Auto involves the door module, which detects the momentary push and then takes over with rolling the windows up/down - but it uses the HALL sensor to tell it to stop the window in case of obstruction, and if that is misbehaving, then it'll default to "safe" mode and not allow the window to roll up. Also, there is a full down and full up HALL limit sensor I think, that tells the door module when your window is all the way up or down, and the door module then turns off power to the window motor.

1705353347366.png

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat