increase sound of stock ****.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
here is the best way and a cheap way i found to get the sound you want from your truck with no drone if you an't afraid of a little work drill two 1/2 in holes in the first chamber from left side (engine side) and two 1/2 holes in third chamber then get 9in 3/8 drill bit and start drilling holes in the inside pipe.one 3in in first chamber and two 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inside pipes in third chamber. after that get tungsten carbide rotary cutting burr 7 or 8 in ling and you can grind sideways in the drill holes till you get the sound you want.plug the outside 100_0676.JPG 100_0676.JPG 100_0677.JPG ram-muffler.jpg holes with metric bolt one size bigger it will threid into the outside skin of the ****.use ****. repair cement to seal the deal do some then try the sound keep doing it till you get the sound you like.mine has a loud start up sound very little at cruse or under 3,000 rpm.me and wife both have 2018 ram's with hemi's hers is stock and mine louder so we are both happy drill bits and carbide cutting burr and ****.cement total 25.00-30.00 amazon i did buy a endoscope to look inside the ****.to see what i had done as i went along. after four or five times doing it i like the sound very very good.endoscope 35.00 amazon

Last edited:

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
here is the best way and a cheap way i found to get the sound you want from your truck with no drone if you an't afraid of a little work drill two 1/2 in holes in the first chamber from left side (engine side) and two 1/2 holes in third chamber then get 9in 3/8 drill bit and start drilling holes in the inside pipe.one 3in in first chamber and two 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inside pipes in third chamber. after that get tungsten carbide rotary cutting burr 7 or 8 in ling and you can grind sideways in the drill holes till you get the sound you want.plug the outside View attachment 211645 View attachment 211645 View attachment 211646 View attachment 211647 holes with metric bolt one size bigger it will threid into the outside skin of the ****.use ****. repair cement to seal the deal do some then try the sound keep doing it till you get the sound you like.mine has a loud start up sound very little at cruse or under 3,000 rpm.me and wife both have 2018 ram's with hemi's hers is stock and mine louder so we are both happy drill bits and carbide cutting burr and ****.cement total 25.00-30.00 amazon

Haven't seen that idea much,but if it works for you kudo's out to you,lol

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Don't forget the blue anodized 6" exhaust tips with LED inserts!
And cut the springs until the air dam scrapes speed bumps. And the 10,000 watt stereo....

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Hey man thanks for putting this on here!!!! Did it deepen the tone? Do you happen to have a video?

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
Also did you notice any low end loss?

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In all honestly. I probably did less effort on an exhaust cut out.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
In all honestly. I probably did less effort on an exhaust cut out.

But you spent a bunch of money,he spent all of a couple bucks,and if it works for him,that's all that matters. Besides if you're running a QTP cut-out,they have a **** rep for lasting for any length of time,they are prone to having motor issues and bending the flapper valve if you're putting a decent amount of exhaust flow and heat past them ie: as in a boosted or nitrous fed motor.Maybe your cut-out is lasting,but there's lots of guys who have issues with a cut out failing after a short period of time

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
70 bux and 3 years later. Still good.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
70 bux and 3 years later. Still good.

Count yourself lucky then,lol.Lots of guys have had issues with QTP's cut-outs

OP
OP
S

steve johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
good deep tone no drone not loud at cruse or under 2,500 rpm will try to make video tomorrow if i can no low end loss

Last edited:

Clark Kent

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I found a used Magnaflow 12909 welded to a GM 6.0 exhaust. Paid $50 for the whole exhaust. Then took me an afternoon cutting the ends of my factory 2500 muffler, welding the factory ends to the magnaflow, making an S bend outlet from the GM exhaust, and re-proposing the hangers from it. Bolts into the factory location.

However, unless I get on the gas or tell you, you probably wouldn't know that the factory muffler is gone. It's rather mild. I might use the remainder of the GM exhaust to eliminate the rear resonator/muffler.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

steve johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
anyone can throw money at something but i like to take something and make it better or at lest more the way i want it.it was a little work but i did it a little at a time then drove for a week to see how i liked it.each time i removed the bolts and made the inside holes bigger I liked it more and more till i got it were I want it for now.some day might make it louder but for now it is just right for me...........