Installing "Chicken Lights"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also found out im going to have to run a ground wire to each wire. They are suppose to ground themselves but being that they are being mounted to plastic thats not going to happen.

I was curious about that. If you pop off the lense, you can likely see the ground wire that runs to a ring terminal over the mounting bolt. Just solder on to that wire and extend it out to ground.

OP
OP
Jrock2394

Jrock2394

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Ground wire was ran, soldered on to the ground wire like you said.

Before i hurt myself or catch something on fire, is it safe to use 18 gauge wire for the battery to fuse connection? Or should i get a bigger gauge for that.

OP
OP
Jrock2394

Jrock2394

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 V8
Finally got a chance to finish wiring them up. Big thanks to dodgedude, whiteexpress,and cruiser for your help :headbang: The picture doesnt do them justice but they came out great.

Cooper481

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
If you are putting any under the doors, or anywhere that rocks can hit them, you are alot better off to get sealed led's. When I first put mine on, I got the cheap regular bulb lights, and even with mud flaps, I was replacing the covers left and right. Yes, led is expensive ($6 a light) for mine, but they look 100x better, and will hold up alot better.