Installing new amp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I want to upgrade my sounds due to the alpine system lacking ear numbing quality lol. My plan is to install 2 amplifiers(one for highs and one for subs). In order to do this is the factory amp eliminated? I'm sure the stereo shop where I'm going to take it to get it done should know but I would like to know what's going on before hand so they don't try to scam me adding stuff they don't have to(never trust anyone). Any suggestions to do along the process?

Ps. I will also be adding an epicenter

OP
OP
A

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You will need the RF DSR1 to get signal and by pass the amplifier. Don't bother with the Epiccenter...
But I loved my epicenter on my gmc sierra. Anyways.. by installing the RT dsr1 would that be a straight hook up to there? So that way they dont have to remove the center console and splice wires?

Last edited:

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was salivating over this AudioControl LC-6.1200. It has internal summing, bass restoration,and other goodies. Plenty of power and options to run an entire system, but costs around $700.
upload_2018-10-9_20-2-4.jpeg

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There DSR1 is plug and play. While you “can” do other options, you would greatly reduce quality with signal summing, or loss of the factory source unit. The EpiCenter is just a gimmick. Set your gains right, have a clean signal, don’t use crap recordings and enjoy good bass all the time.

OP
OP
A

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There DSR1 is plug and play. While you “can” do other options, you would greatly reduce quality with signal summing, or loss of the factory source unit. The EpiCenter is just a gimmick. Set your gains right, have a clean signal, don’t use crap recordings and enjoy good bass all the time.

I was reading this review and it seems to me that the dsr1 is a total headache for the 2019

http://www.12voltdata.com/viewtopic.php?t=18208

OP
OP
A

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was salivating over this AudioControl LC-6.1200. It has internal summing, bass restoration,and other goodies. Plenty of power and options to run an entire system, but costs around $700.
View attachment 143226
I don't mind paying 2000 as long as they get it right lol

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't mind paying 2000 as long as they get it right lol

Again... literally no way to do it right exact the DSR1.... headache or not it is your only choice without summing signals.... which isn't a very good choice. I would imagine by now Maestro has the right firmware out.

OP
OP
A

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Again... literally no way to do it right exact the DSR1.... headache or not it is your only choice without summing signals.... which isn't a very good choice. I would imagine by now Maestro has the right firmware out.
Yea what I meant is I'll buy what ever components I need to make it work( not including subs and stuff) I'm just worried on finding a good shop. I was hoping geek squad was able to do it but unfortunately they wont without an engineered diagram, which sadly isnt produced yet.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea what I meant is I'll buy what ever components I need to make it work( not including subs and stuff) I'm just worried on finding a good shop. I was hoping geek squad was able to do it but unfortunately they wont without an engineered diagram, which sadly isnt produced yet.

What Best Buy are you near? I work at one of the top stores in the country.... and have a few resources to find you a qualified installer. They can order in the DSR1 and with total tech - it's a great option if there is a competent installer in your area. The fact they said they need a diagram tells me the installer in that store are not competent. We do not turn down jobs, we find a way to make it work.... of course sometimes that takes a lot of knowledge and being able to think outside the box.

OP
OP
A

alex_5_7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What Best Buy are you near? I work at one of the top stores in the country.... and have a few resources to find you a qualified installer. They can order in the DSR1 and with total tech - it's a great option if there is a competent installer in your area. The fact they said they need a diagram tells me the installer in that store are not competent. We do not turn down jobs, we find a way to make it work.... of course sometimes that takes a lot of knowledge and being able to think outside the box.
By Downey,California
Oh wow so that's good to hear. Maybe I can try another best buy? Compton and Hawthorne are near by too.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah go to multiple stores - in the install bay will have their certs on the wall - see if you can find at least an advanced tech, if not a master tech. Talk to the techs and use your best judgement to find a good installer. A good one will be excited to take on the challenge of new vehicle. Honestly it's not much that different the previous gen.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The DSR 1 still isn’t 100% but it’s definitely a good solution now.

I’m currently running a beta firmware they made for me to resolve some of the little quirks and there’s still a couple issues here and there but Maestro is doing a good job taking my feedback via email and making adjustments.

From when I installed it to where it is today (even on the public firmware) is night and day.