instrument cluster light problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zalex820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
Need your help with a 2000 Ram 2500. I changed the light to red LED's the one on the top right and left corners do not light up ( I know that LED have polarity). Also when light are on turn signals to not blink (also LED) i'm aware i need resistors for LED just not sure where I would put them and what type unless they are universal. Thanks in advance for any help.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
For the turn signals in the taillights and headlights, an LED specific flasher relay is much easier/now reliable option.
EP27 for your vehicle through SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM

OP
OP
Z

Zalex820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
For the turn signals in the taillights and headlights, an LED specific flasher relay is much easier/now reliable option.
EP27 for your vehicle through SUPERBRIGHTLEDS.COM

Thanks for the reply, I can use this instead of resistors in the LED cluster lights? Seems like its for turn signals brake lights and head light?

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Corners on outside of truck.

When you say turn signals dont blink, I'm assuming the outside of the truck as well not just the cluster, right?

Lights in the cluster don't need resistors

OP
OP
Z

Zalex820

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 v8
Corners on outside of truck.

When you say turn signals dont blink, I'm assuming the outside of the truck as well not just the cluster, right?

Lights in the cluster don't need resistors

both inside and out. the signal stays solid. if i turn cluster light off with the OEM switch then it works fine. Also I discovered that the previous owner had already installed that relay in there. It seems to be the bulbs causing this issue.

99RoughCountryRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 litre 360 magnum v8
Go online or to your local Napa and tell them you want the smoke grey transparent electronic or digital style flasher it's ideal when running led,or any other diode type lights

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Go online or to your local Napa and tell them you want the smoke grey transparent electronic or digital style flasher it's ideal when running led,or any other diode type lights
Check the dates ,this is 5+ yrs old