Intermittant Lamp out issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I have a 2004 Ram 1500 that shows "Lamp out". All lights, including cargo, third light, license plate, etc. At first I thought it was a bad ground as it would go off/on on bumpy roads and when releasing the brake pedal. I noticed condensation in the driver's side tail light assembly. After removing bulbs, I dried the turn signal socket with paper towels and hair dryer. I also inspected the light housing assembly and siliconed a gap where the lens had separated from the back of the housing. I also noticed the same side brake light bulb burned brighter than the passenger side. After changing both bulbs, the problem seems to be corrected. I'd seen this in several posts and thought I'd offer what fixed my situation. Thanks.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Most likely temporary at best. Those circuit boards are absolute *****. Phantom intermittent Lamp Out dings are what finally drove me to an aftermarket set.

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I get the same thing on occasion and simply ignore it now after never finding a bulb out. I do run all LED so that is probably the culprit. Usually stays on until I start it again, then it's gone.