Intermittent trailer brake and service 4wd followed by the red lighting bolt and loss of power for a spit second. 2011 Ram trx4 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi_Time33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I bought this truck at a steal in November of 2020. The only issue I’ve had and was told about from the previous owner was that the master switch will cut out and the front window controls only won’t work until you pop it out and unplug and replug it. The Fuel pump without warning about 7 months ago. I replaced it and 2 days after replacing I started getting trailer brake disconnected and service 4wd warnings at the same time followed by the throttle body warning light. The lightening bolt only comes on for a second and it feels like a loss of power. I’m sure it’s the throttle body closing but all gauges fall like a power loss. I found that the tipm was corroded very badly so I got another and replaced the pump via warranty. No problems at all for about 4 months. 2 weeks ago my fuel pump failed again. After looking closer at the wiring I noticed the trailer brake plug was BADLY corroded. I cleaned that plug thoroughly and also the frame ground and ran a continuity test from the trailer brake plug and the fuel pump connector. Everything checked out so I cleaned them for good measure (including tail light connectors, every connector and ground from fuel pump back). I put the new pump in and on the first test drive all those lights came back on plus at the gas station I drove to I had to cut the truck off bc the brake light switch wasn’t disengaging the shift pin. I’m at a loss… p.s. it ONLY happens while driving. NEVER while just sitting and running.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat