Jacking question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Todd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
rookie question, don’t judge me...does anyone have a picture the jacking location to lift the front to change a tire? 09 1500 sport quad cab.

meedom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use the same jack points as ram1500rsm....

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I stick my Hi-Lift jack under either of the front tow hooks depending on the side that needs some additional clearance. For the rear I just stick my Hi-Lift into the trailer hitch and pick up the entire rear end.

(Does that constitute Hi-Jacking the thread? LOLOL)

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had always debated the use of the hitch as a lifting point on the rear of a truck. Has anyone ever had an issue with doing so?

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did someone mention jacking? Did Jennifer Lawrence phone get hacked again hahaha. Sorry couldnt help myself and my 5 finger friend hahaah

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
I had always debated the use of the hitch as a lifting point on the rear of a truck. Has anyone ever had an issue with doing so?

I have used the hitch to pick up the back of a few of my vehicles, usually while offroad so I could stick cribbing under the tires to get myself out of a, um, slippery situation. It's a quick way to get some room under the tires to stick boards, rocks, tree limbs, whatever.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have used the hitch to pick up the back of a few of my vehicles, usually while offroad so I could stick cribbing under the tires to get myself out of a, um, slippery situation. It's a quick way to get some room under the tires to stick boards, rocks, tree limbs, whatever.
What about using it to lift the backup in order to place jack stands, etc.

Last edited:

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
You can stick a Hi-Lift into the trailer hitch hole and jack up the entire ass end at once but it is SERIOUSLY unstable to do it that way. I wouldn't do it.

Get the Hi-Lift adapter that slips over the jack's tongue and has the two hooks that you can stick in the slots of your wheel. Pick it up, stick in a jack stand, go around to the other side and repeat. 1000% safer way to do the job.

Last edited: