Front suspension opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcorona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hello everyone, I’m new to this forum and would like all of your opinions.

I purchased a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi 4x4 regular cab for my daughter. It came with 20 x 12.50 and 35s which I replaced immediately for 33s cause they rubbed horribly. I have replaced: UCA & LCA (Mevotech TTX) inner & outer tie rods, wheel bearing hub, sway bar links, coil overs (Bilstein 6112, set at #6) and it had a 1.5in spacer which what I gathered to equal 3in lift.

My question or concern is: is this too much lift for not having a proper lift kit? How does the angle of the drive line/axel look? And particularly how does the angle on the UCA ball joint look? (picture are attached for reference)

I went to get it aligned. The shop had no problems with it. I had asked for an opinion from the tech who did the alignment but the person at the counter said if there was a problem, they wouldn’t be able to get the alignment within specs. I don’t want something bad happening while my daughter or anyone is driving.

Any and all opinions are welcomed and appreciated… and thank you all in advance.

IMG_7736.jpeg
IMG_7737.jpeg
IMG_7738.jpeg
IMG_7742.jpeg

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You may need to look into a diff drop kit. My understanding is that 2" doesn't need it. 4" 100% does, so if you are at 3" then you may be right at the line. That said, parts don't last long "right at the line". You might be able to get by for a while but definitely expect extra wear on the CVs due to the angle.