keep getting Pulled over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Reaction score
What dotted lines? I've never saw dotted lines.At least not in Atlanta.

Scott Sprankle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There's an app you can load in your phone to measure your speed. Load it and compare what it says against your speedometer.

Dave1200

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Liter
I agree with the Waze app users. It will pretty accurately tell you your actual speed.
I changed the tires on my truck, with what were supposed to be the same size tires, and then found my speedometer was showing off, causing me to go to fast. I recalibrated it using waze and the TazerDT modue.

Anthony Kalos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You can download a GPS App on your phone and compare it with your trucks speed !!! See for yourself what’s going on !!!

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just figure out how far out you are percentage wise and save all those miles on your odometer. :)

Andy Morrison

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
Get a compass or gps app on your phone. GPS will show your speed, usually within 1-3 Mph of actual. My Garmin stuck on the windshield was very accurate.

Anthony Kalos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Take the damned truck to dealership and get it figured out !!! They should be able to diagnose the problem and get the replacement parts to correctly fix it !
One speeding ticket is gonna be more expensive than the dealership bill over the long term (insurance increased over 3 years)

CaptOchs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First, plead not guilty on your tickets. Then take to a mechanic and get them to write something up showing defective parts threw off speedometer and they fixed it. You might get away with less of a fine that way. They probably won't accept proof if you bought the parts and replaced it yourself. Otherwise you can plan on giving most of your stimulus back the government with two speeding tickets over 20mph.

Oddventures

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
might download speedview on a cell phone and double check , have you changed out tire sizes or gears

rsdata

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 BigHorn 1500 8spd 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have GPS, check the speed on that. 20mph over and no citation is a gift...

Certainly agree with this assesment...

Rader

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
Because of oversize tires I set the cruise control with my GPS, a GPS will read accurate speed constantly. I have a DriveTrack 70, it has an alarm that can be set to ding, ding, ding if you go 1 MPH over the speed limit.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
5 MPH over the speed limit is speeding
10 MPH over the speed limit equals Reckless Driving

20 MPH sorry, i don't buy a malfunctioning part caused it

The stock radio in my Ram shows the Speed Limit
I have it set so that if i exceed that speed limit by a given amount, i will hear a noise or see something, i forget which

I usually drive 3 MPH over the limit on highways
The police usually allow 5 over, before they decide whether or not to follow you
Semi trucks try to push it & like to do 7 mph over their limit, when their limit is different than for regular traffic

Last edited:

cop4hire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Borrow a GPS from someone so you can see what the actual speed is that you are doing. That should give you a good idea on how far off you are from legit. Finding the cause is above my paygrade.

Retread Tom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Get a friend to pace your truck going down the highway. Both should be pretty darn close. If the truck is reading slower, check the speed sensor. Didn't give the GPS a thought. Good idea if you have one.

Dr. Righteous

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
20 over? Is your speedometer not work at all, it's the big dial on the right.

There's actually four ABS wheel speed sensors, one on each wheel.

LOL!!!

An easy way to check if your speedo is off is to use the MPH feature on a GPS unit like a TomTom or Garmin. I find they are pretty accurate and usually + or - 1 MPH.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Yes it is. Last night. Coming to work I got pulled over for doing 68 and my speedometer was saying 48. Not to mention I got pulled over 2 days prior of this one. For the same case.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Hold the phone brofessor,

Your saying you were going 68 but the speedo said 48 and you were like “yah, this seems like 48.”

Not trying to be an ass. Im jist super corn-fused as to how this is happening.

As far as I know the ABS and the output shaft sensor on the transmission work together to acquire your speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packerbkd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine
I have an app that I downloaded on my iphone (probably some equivalent for android) which tells me my speed. Just go to your app store and search for a free speedometer app. You can compare that to your speedometer. I use it in my SSR that does not have a digital speedometer.

OP
OP
blakedelfs

blakedelfs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been using a GPS speedo tunes out their a 11mph deference. I'm assuming it's a bad abs light. My abs and traction control comes on and off every once in a while.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk