Killer doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 K&N Cold Air Intake.
Anyone figure out a hack to keep the doors from swinging closed on you when you’re getting in or out. They close so easy it’s insane. A small breeze or on a slight hill and you have to fight to keep it from coming at you. I was looking at the grooves that catch the pin as you open and close and the spring and trying to figure out how to maybe tighten. Maybe a spacer in the spring to make it stiffer?
Was hoping someone might have tackled this issue. I found posts on here of people complaining about the same thing but haven’t come across a fix.

Thanks. (2016 1500 Big Horn CC)

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife has always complained of the same thing. I just let her gripe about it... never really looked into it. :)

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
Park down hill? A bungee cord from the front fender to the door? Move out of the way faster? Grow arm muscles? lol

Seriously, if its an issue, I'd look into the door stop and shaping it different if possible. If its like life threatening, maybe look at adding a gas strut somewhere...

joelmic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Express Quad Cab 3.6L 4x4 20x9 Wheels
Engine
Anyone figure out a hack to keep the doors from swinging closed on you when you’re getting in or out. They close so easy it’s insane. A small breeze or on a slight hill and you have to fight to keep it from coming at you. I was looking at the grooves that catch the pin as you open and close and the spring and trying to figure out how to maybe tighten. Maybe a spacer in the spring to make it stiffer?
Was hoping someone might have tackled this issue. I found posts on here of people complaining about the same thing but haven’t come across a fix.

Thanks. (2016 1500 Big Horn CC)

(thread resurrect)

You ever find a MOD for this or figure anything out Duckman??? or anyone... Truck owner for 30 years, never had a door stay open good enough for me but this 2017 1500 is the worst ever... the slowest opening still makes it bounce back shut on me, I'm getting pissed off

OP
OP
duckman631

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
(thread resurrect)

You ever find a MOD for this or figure anything out Duckman??? or anyone... Truck owner for 30 years, never had a door stay open good enough for me but this 2017 1500 is the worst ever... the slowest opening still makes it bounce back shut on me, I'm getting pissed off
not a peep out of anyone who figured anything out.

waynestractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yup. I figured people on here would be all over this issue. Seems to be common. Even on flat level surface doors swing freely.
Blackbetty14 had an easy fix, comment #4..."You could grind the steps Alittle more aggressively to create a positive stop"

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Or stronger springs.
They are a pain in the ass.

OP
OP
duckman631

duckman631

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
Blackbetty14 had an easy fix, comment #4..."You could grind the steps Alittle more aggressively to create a positive stop"
I was thinking that might be the way to go.