Kooks vs ARH vs JBA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a set of JBA headers like a year ago and have never installed them... I have been thinking of selling them and getting the ARH.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd go kooks. I have the ARH 1.75s however.
But I wouldn't discount kooks.

Really....is just bent metal. As long as the sst is of decent grade, fitment good there likely isn't a huge HP difference either.

The ARH of mine came with 02 extensions, gaskets, high flow cats, y pipe and the necessary clamps and such. Fit well.

I'm sure kooks gives you all the same??

From what I can tell, NO. Headers are around $1100 stainless uncoated. Then you have to pay another $800 for catted pipes or $600 for uncatted. I used AutoAnything for the price comparison with Matt's ARH prices. To make matters worse, Kook's clearly states you MUST buy their Y pipes with the headers to fit. So, It appears to me these headers are by far the most expensive of the bunch. If it were my money, I wouldn't pay this, but rather go to ARH since everything is included already at a better price.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kooks arent that much more, and use a proprietaty connection between header and y-pipe. Also kooks place the primary tubes in cylinder firing order, which basically sucks out the exhaust... Science!!! Im not sure if ARH does or doesnt, ive never gotten or found an answer to that. If ARH does then they are pretty much equal and up to the buyer. If not then that is one reason why i personally will go with kooks even though more expensive

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Freed127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just finished my arh install today, i have to say im extremely impressed with the fitment and performance of them. I was really surprised how easily the y pipe dropped in and lined up!

wstacy3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$1600 is a lot of money tho...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk