Kore Tactical Suspension ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
I am wanting to lift my 12 1500. I am wanting a performance suspension lift that actually provides a gain in performance, not just height. I am not a fan of installing spacers to lower my factory suspension components.

I have been looking hard at the Kore Tactical suspension. In fact, I like everything about the Kore kit, well almost, I hate idea of having to replace the front fenders and possibly the bed sides. I like the way dodge designed it and want to keep it that way. I am not going for the Pre-Runner look.

Here is where the forums help, Is there a true performance lift kit out there that doesn't require body mods like the Kore kit.

My goal is to get a suspension under my ram that performed like the suspension that the "Raptor" i traded for my Ram had. Is this even possible? I understand that Ford also had to mod the body for the Raptor suspension so i understand i may be looking for a impossible solution.

Ultimately, I want to run a 35" tire and get more travel with way better shocks. anyone know of anything or can the Fender requirement of the Kore kit be negated with some fancy wheel back spacing (tucking the wheel further into the wheel well). Thanks

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The fenders with the kore kit are not required as far as I know, they are just optional

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kore used to have a PreRunner Series suspension, provided 3.5" of lift in the front. Out of production now, but I think there's someone on the boards who is trying to sell their kit... can't remember who.
Icon Vehicle Dynamics offers many strut/springs/coilover options.
Many producers of upper control arms.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There's also a bit of welding and relocating components with the Kore kit. Install would be a pain unless you are good at working metal.

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just ordered the suspension in the link below. It isn't as all out as the Kore Performance suspension, but it is built to handle much more than most aftermarket suspensions and might just be what you are looking for. I'll post a full review on this forum once I get it installed and can test it out in various conditions. I purchased the Stage III and the Tubular Upper Control Arms...(Some companies call the two together the Icon Stage IV suspension). I plan on mounting 295/65R20 Toyo A/T II tires (35.1" x 11.8") on my factory 20x9 wheels.

2009 - Current Dodge Ram 1500 4WD Suspension System - Stage 3 - ICON Vehicle Dynamics

OP
OP
M

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
That Icon kit looks interesting. I interested to see how the kit works for you. There is not much lift potential but it provides up to 3 inches in front and 1.5 in the back with the rear springs. Thanks for the info, i didn't know about ICON made stuff for Rams. I know they have a lot of stuff for the Raptor. So once i got the Ram I never thought about them again.

Obxram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Google
Engine
5.7 hemi
im waiting for my funds to build up a little more then going pure performance.

OP
OP
M

moparbay

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500
Engine
Cummins 6.7l
Here's another question, why do you think Kore recommends/requires the wide fenders for their kit? Is it a tire coverage issue or a tire interfernce issue because of the increased travel the suspension offers? Anyone have the Kore tactical kit on their truck?

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That Icon kit looks interesting. I interested to see how the kit works for you. There is not much lift potential but it provides up to 3 inches in front and 1.5 in the back with the rear springs. Thanks for the info, i didn't know about ICON made stuff for Rams. I know they have a lot of stuff for the Raptor. So once i got the Ram I never thought about them again.

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/gray_man_build_thread_ver_2_0_a-40135/
Above is a link to my build. You will be able to see my review of the Icon suspension when I put it on. I'm still waiting for delivery now though.

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's another question, why do you think Kore recommends/requires the wide fenders for their kit? Is it a tire coverage issue or a tire interfernce issue because of the increased travel the suspension offers? Anyone have the Kore tactical kit on their truck?

Since the Kore suspension gives the Ram a wider front track, I'm pretty sure wider front fenders are required to avoid tire contact with the fender during full suspension compression.