Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know what material that valence over the trophy bumper is constructed of? The ICI website just says “highly durable valance material”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No idea. it could be hard molded plastic ? or perhaps aluminum ?

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Damn thats all the pics we wanted and then some.

That bumper looks sickkk but...

It is paper thin looking. Good for weight savings but even the hoop is hollowed out on the back... seems kinda china-made to me.

And also that spot where the flares and bumper corner are looks photoshopped as hell. Word of warning to anyone going with that one, getting flares fitted might be more than you bargained for like i dealt with on the westin.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Damn thats all the pics we wanted and then some.

That bumper looks sickkk but...

It is paper thin looking. Good for weight savings but even the hoop is hollowed out on the back... seems kinda china-made to me.

And also that spot where the flares and bumper corner are looks photoshopped as hell. Word of warning to anyone going with that one, getting flares fitted might be more than you bargained for like i dealt with on the westin.
I'm planning on chopping my flares if I go with this. And I guarantee it won't be nearly as nice as you did. Lol. It does look thin, but I'm not planning on bashing **** with this truck, so it's ok. Full bro tastic bumper.

My main focus is figuring out bed storage and right now I'm failing miserably with everything I've tried. [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm planning on chopping my flares if I go with this. And I guarantee it won't be nearly as nice as you did. Lol. It does look thin, but I'm not planning on bashing **** with this truck, so it's ok. Full bro tastic bumper.

My main focus is figuring out bed storage and right now I'm failing miserably with everything I've tried. [emoji848]

The pic on truck looks more shopped the more i look at it. The frame extensions are non existent and the skid is just hanging out there. They will be super out there and obvious and kinda ugly.

End of the day thats gonna be a hella sexy paper mache bumper though.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
The pic on truck looks more shopped the more i look at it. The frame extensions are non existent and the skid is just hanging out there. They will be super out there and obvious and kinda ugly.

End of the day thats gonna be a hella sexy paper mache bumper though.
I looked at the pic more and it is def shopped. It's ok, the ones on American trucks it does look good so I don't mind. And I don't have any expectations for its heavy dutiness so hopefully it just appears super cheesy

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I think i read somewhere you couldn't mount a toolbox in the back because of your headache rack ?
Maybe this would work ?
https://realtruck.com/p/backrack-tool-box-bracket-kits/v/ram/truck-1500/2015/

And the thickness on the Barricade should be ok. Is not a ranch bumper but should be a lot tougher than the stocker, you should be able to hit one big Elk with it :)

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I think i read somewhere you couldn't mount a toolbox in the back because of your headache rack ?
Maybe this would work ?
https://realtruck.com/p/backrack-tool-box-bracket-kits/v/ram/truck-1500/2015/

And the thickness on the Barricade should be ok. Is not a ranch bumper but should be a lot tougher than the stocker, you should be able to hit one big Elk with it :)
Yea, in my excitement to get ready for yak season I had one oversight on the rack comstruction.....its hard to see but the upright supports come off at a 45* and extend about 12" from the bottom of the rack. Chest style tool trunk is my only real option, I really don't have time to take the rack out and mess with it. Starting Monday I'm back in night classes Mon-Thurs till 9pm and on the weekends....well.....adulting season is here...house list and projects are upon us

d56278c906314a65cdd7ae185a046ccf.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mini, impatient update:

Zone UCAs are picked up and sitting next to the pro lift rear coils while i wait for those stupid 6112s.

You've all seen the zones 100 times but they really dont cease to amaze in person. Absolute unitssss especially compared to those chopped and pressed oem junkers.

20190429_155729.jpg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Mini, impatient update:

Zone UCAs are picked up and sitting next to the pro lift rear coils while i wait for those stupid 6112s.

You've all seen the zones 100 times but they really dont cease to amaze in person. Absolute unitssss especially compared to those chopped and pressed oem junkers.

View attachment 164496
Did the 6112s ship? If not shock warehouse has some in stock and you can get them sent assembled. Been in contact with a couple guys and that's where one guy snagged a set. Worth a shot to look into and maybe cancel other order, also cuts down install time.

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did the 6112s ship? If not shock warehouse has some in stock and you can get them sent assembled. Been in contact with a couple guys and that's where one guy snagged a set. Worth a shot to look into and maybe cancel other order, also cuts down install time.

Havent shipped as far as i know. Not even listed on shockwarehouse, just 5100s and 4600s

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Havent shipped as far as i know. Not even listed on shockwarehouse, just 5100s and 4600s
My bad, it was an auto correct sausage finger issue. Shock surplus

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
we have 2 sets of the 6112's in stock. Let us know if we can help you out

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I know you're impatient...but you shouldn't shave the cat when you're upset.
Hahahahaha! Shouldn't doesn't always mean wont.....pics of the cat modifications

OP
OP
K

Kyle McWilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Little update, ive been dormant for a bit.

Got my 1.5" wheel spacers on. In the process i nearly destroyed my ****** ram lug nuts. Whos idea was it to put some cheap pop can tin "covers" over the actual nuts? Stupid. Half of them i ended up denting the faces by not using a deep socket and some of them the covers feel loose on the nut after you've hit torque spec. Some of them are warped enough that you have to beat the socket on and off. Absolute garbage, turned a 40 minute rotation/spacer install into an embarrassingly long **** show.

Before:
20190429_200136.jpg

After:
20190429_200148.jpg

20190501_125637.jpg

Full lock with the 1.5" spacers on, no suspension work, 120lb front bumper, oem size duratracs with like 20-30 thousand KILOMETERS on them:
20190501_131906.jpg

Theres no rub sitting perfectly still but if im driving and go full lock i can hear them kissing the plastic some times.

For anyone installing spacers, there were some weird lock washer things on some of the wheel studs seemingly random which ones. I have a feeling the tire shops have lost some or whatever before, even though they were pretty difficult to pry off. Take all those off when you put your spacers on or youre gonna have a bad time.

On to some exciting news! Nick at gotexhaust is amazingly quick and honest with customer service but the shipping costs to canada just kill the deals for me. That being said, with all the 6112s popping back in stock places, i gave 4 wheel parts a call to check if they had got them and nobody called me back or what was going on. Not sure if buddy was covering his ass and theyve been sitting there for weeks, but he told me they just came on the truck THIS morning.

So i am at work, then making a cross canada road trip with a buddy as a favor, as hes moving. Itll be a while yet before i get everything installed but i should have all my parts stockpiled in about a week!

P.s. still dont have my light bars installed, ive been lazy lol. The hardware for the mounts on the westin bumper are those smooth top bolts that have a square bit to fit into a square hole in the bumper, linex ****** up all those clearances so i have to thread the bolts into the linex and screw those bolts in with a set of channel locks on the smooth head haha. Its a headache but i dont want to grind the linex out. Ive got one side's mount installed so far.

bruiserRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Very interested to see the light bar install. They are next on my list. What did you go with?

I'm debating a single 30" single row bar on bumper...or a 20" single row bar, with two fog pods on either side (maybe amber for dust-vision)

Eventually will get A-pillar lights too for good side angle light