Laramie build - missing anything ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Had a 2015 Laramie 1500 - traded back in early 2017 and found this forum AFTER purchase. Wanted to right the ship with this order:
a62d64bee5c22d55f0d5e6c7b2767971.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
You forgot the off-road group, the rambox, and the multi-function tailgate.

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
You forgot the off-road group, the rambox, and the multi-function tailgate.

Thanks for the reply. Good options to think about...

Yeah the ORG is a tough one...I would not being doing much off reading except the occasion dirt/muddy road for hunting in the fall/winter.

The trade off of the HD shocks with the stiffer ride combined with the elocker vs a
slightly smoother ride with anti slip for wet/slippery pavement with 3.92...I favor the latter

Ram boxes - mixed on those - seems like a great idea but would I use them enough to make it worth it...maybe - heard lots of members didn’t think much about them - got them and love them

MFT - call me old fashion - but I like regular one.

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins

Yeah the ORG is a tough one...I would not being doing much off reading except the occasion dirt/muddy road for hunting in the fall/winter.

The trade off of the HD shocks with the stiffer ride combined with the elocker vs a
slightly smoother ride with anti slip for wet/slippery pavement with 3.92...I favor the latter

Ram boxes - mixed on those - seems like a great idea but would I use them enough to make it worth it...maybe - heard lots of members didn’t think much about them - got them and love them

I don't have the MFT, under seat storage, or 33 gal fuel tank, but the rest of it with the suggested options I do have. Absolutely love it! And for hunting, the ramboxes are perfect! Wish I had the larger tank, otherwise wouldn't change anything on mine. I don't recall if it was the sport package or the ORG, but one of them got me a full size spare, which isn't standard.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

I got the sports appearance package and the off-road group. I also got the level 1 equipment group and the rambox. Also has rear wheelhouse liners and underseat storage. Two things I got but don't really want are the etorque and pano sunroof. Two things I didn't get but wish I had are the 33 gallon tank and MFT. Having used the MFT, I really want it now. I've figured out what I need in order to add that later, but I can't find a complete tailgate. Dealers can only order the parts for the MFT, not a complete unit. I'll just wait until they start showing up in junkyards.

I don't have the MFT, under seat storage, or 33 gal fuel tank, but the rest of it with the suggested options I do have. Absolutely love it! And for hunting, the ramboxes are perfect! Wish I had the larger tank, otherwise wouldn't change anything on mine. I don't recall if it was the sport package or the ORG, but one of them got me a full size spare, which isn't standard.
The full size spare came with the ORG on my Laramie.

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I finally move to 5th gen I gotta have the blind spot monitoring, and for how I use my truck I am for sure getting ram boxes. That said this looks like a great build as well.

Do you have a dealer who is happy to order what you want?

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Get the level 2 package. Blindspot monitoring enhanced cruise lane assist. I find I really like them. Skid plates if your not going with the off road package.

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Get the level 2 package. Blindspot monitoring enhanced cruise lane assist. I find I really like them. Skid plates if your not going with the off road package.

The purpose of skid plates for road debris protection?

JD Martin

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram boxes are definitely a love hate relationship for everyone here. A lot of members have posted about warped box lids.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
What’s your intended use? Two or four wheel drive?

I opted not to get the Ram Boxes as there’s next to no bed covers on the market that fit my needs that look decent. I also took one to Home Depot with ram boxes and attempted to load 4’ x 8’ sheets of plywood.

I’m not a fan of factory Navigation with the advent of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

Everything else looks good on the spec sheet.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

I opted not to get the Ram Boxes as there’s next to no bed covers on the market that fit my needs that look decent. I also took one to Home Depot with ram boxes and attempted to load 4’ x 8’ sheets of plywood.

I’m not a fan of factory Navigation with the advent of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.

I picked up a few 4x8 sheets of beadboard last weekend and had no problem hauling them with the tailgate down. They only stuck out a few inches. I used the bed divider to hold them in, and once it place, it held them in place and allowed zero movement. I'd have secured something heavier better than that, but it worked well for the beadboard. So for I haven't had any issues hauling what I need to haul with the Rambox.

Last edited:
OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine

Always get 4wd...

Only getting the 4C Nav because I read something that the 4 doesn’t get HD radio and I thought another option. I agree Apple CarPlay is the way to go but I don’t like NAV sometimes to calculate TOA so I don’t use data (we pay per GB)

JUICEBOX

I don't read the script. The script reads me.
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Ram boxes are definitely a love hate relationship for everyone here. A lot of members have posted about warped box lids.

Not sure about warped box lids but the double sided tape they use to put the plastic cover on is not very good. I've had them remove and replace the cover on my drivers side 2 times now. I think I'll do it the 3rd time.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I didnt get the bed utility group but got perforated leather seats..a must here because of the heat...and I got the ORP and trailer tow mirrors because we have a 28' travel trailer. the 33 gal. tank is nice . It's nice to see 600+ miles to empty after a fill up and when towing I only get 8.5-10 so 33 gals. means less fuel stops. I always get nav. got the 20's with the Wildpeak all terrains and they have been good in heavy rain and snow and are quiet on the highway and look pretty good.

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If 4x4 I would be sure to add skid plate if not included in another package.

One thing I always put on any vehicle is heavy duty cooling with oil cooler (might be called towing package) if offered or if not standard.

I even opted for the block heater although I live in Texas. I just may want to go to the northern Rockies during the heart of winter. I used to do that.

I even ordered the dual alternators. Not sure why but I got them.

I like an 8ft bed. It makes for a long one with crew cab but handy when hauling plywood or similar.

I went with the 2500, 6.4 gas, don't plan to pull a trailer but not sure of what I will do in retirement. I may get a wild hair and buy a 5th wheel. In the past I bought light then ended up needing the heavy duty so I overkill now.

We are sure adding to your bottom line. The salesman will like you. LOL

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
Ram boxes, love mine. One side full of odds and ends, other side all devoted to truck problems (jack, tow strap, hitch, small shovel, etc.). Don't know how I'll live without them in future.

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine

Ram boxes, love mine. One side full of odds and ends, other side all devoted to truck problems (jack, tow strap, hitch, small shovel, etc.). Don't know how I'll live without them in future.

How are your ram box alignments ? I see mix reviews on the alignment issues and trying to find covers. Still not 100% sure if I would use them for their full potential, but seem like I would things in them at any given time.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Miss-aligned lids is something I've just come to accept. I have yet to see any which are aligned properly in person, even on dealer lots. I've even noticed that the trucks in some of the commercials appear to have issues with lid fitment. I'm sure there are some out there without the problem but they are the minority. Just depends on whether the usefulness of them is worth the probable alignment issues you will have.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold

I will not own another truck without RamBox!