Latest on Ordering an HD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMV157

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've read some previous posts about a dealer in Louisiana that was pricing at or below invoice. Not sure if that is still the case. Heard about another years ago that was super competitive too but cannot remember where that was. Any other dealers in the middle part of the country that are still wheeling and dealing on special orders?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The dealer in Louisiana is Mark Dodge. I haven't dealt with them but many people here have, and apparently they are still pricing near invoice for light duty trucks. Not sure how they are with HD's though.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've read some previous posts about a dealer in Louisiana that was pricing at or below invoice. Not sure if that is still the case. Heard about another years ago that was super competitive too but cannot remember where that was. Any other dealers in the middle part of the country that are still wheeling and dealing on special orders?

Yep as Mike mentioned, that would be Mark Dodge and I don't think you'll find anyone else that will come close to them. I live 1500 miles away from mark dodge but ordered my 21 from them back in March and they will be my first contact when I'm in the market again. On my 21 their dealer discount was about 13.5% off msrp, which I believe was around 5-6% under invoice. I'm still seeing people get nearly that big of a discount from them, but I'm also unsure how much they discount for HDs vs the 1500s.

The other dealership that was competing with them at that time was bud clary in Washington (state), but that fell apart when the main sales guy there giving out the deals either left or was let go. Otherwise Dennis Dillon and maybe another one up in that neck of the country, but I've heard they have some weird requirements to get their deals. Mark Dodge was easy and straightforward without any BS, for once.

Good luck, let us know what you end up doing.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I echo what the above are saying about Mark Dodge.

They had the exact truck I was looking for, we talked price and it was an exceptional deal! I needed a day to transfer monies from one account to another. Sadly, they called me back EARLY the next day to say that truck just sold in one of thee most courteous manners! They were going to work on getting another (working on solutions over problems is my favorite thing anyone can do or be).

I needed a new vehicle immediately (old one totaled and limited time with a rental), finding one nearer to my location. It wasn't quite the price I would've gotten from them, but close enough to make the difference from airfare to Mark Dodge.

I'll endorse Mark Dodge every time!

Good luck in your quest!

IvoryHemi

Reaction score
It depends where your located. There are several dealers out there with the same pricing as Mark Dodge, many are East of the Mississippi though.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It depends where your located. There are several dealers out there with the same pricing as Mark Dodge, many are East of the Mississippi though.

Could you provide some? I ordered through MD from pretty far away in the north east but I always welcome any new possibilities for future purchases, especially if they are closer. When I looked I found some dealers competitive on price but would make up for it in other areas where MD didn't (such as double dipping destination fee, saw this quite a lot). Or just having a discounted price on their site but they wouldn't honor it once you actually began talking price (discounts that don't apply).

Overall on both forums I am on I've heard almost nothing but good about MD but haven't really heard any other dealerships in the east being anywhere close to them, but that certainly doesn't mean they aren't out there!

IvoryHemi

Reaction score
Could you provide some? I ordered through MD from pretty far away in the north east but I always welcome any new possibilities for future purchases, especially if they are closer. When I looked I found some dealers competitive on price but would make up for it in other areas where MD didn't (such as double dipping destination fee, saw this quite a lot). Or just having a discounted price on their site but they wouldn't honor it once you actually began talking price (discounts that don't apply).

Overall on both forums I am on I've heard almost nothing but good about MD but haven't really heard any other dealerships in the east being anywhere close to them, but that certainly doesn't mean they aren't out there!

Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN

Mike Clinnin @ Mall of Georgia in Buford, GA

Jason Beltran @ Hawk CDJR in Forest Park, IL

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Gupton Motors in Springfield, TN

Mike Clinnin @ Mall of Georgia in Buford, GA

Jason Beltran @ Hawk CDJR in Forest Park, IL
Forgot about Koons in Vienna, VA

Thank you, I'll have to look into the first 3 as I don't have those saved as potential contacts in the future.

I'll pass on Koons though, tried giving them a chance in the past and was thoroughly disappointed with their unprofessionalism and shady practices, have heard others with similar experiences on the forums.

Do appreciate the first 3 though and will copy down the info for my next truck purchase and see how they stack up.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Last three new trucks I bought. Built on Ram website. Specs sent to three or four dealers nationwide. The best price is where i bought. I did the same thing with my last two TT. Shopping from home is great.

TexasRam1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gonna have to call them and see if they are taking control numbers!

kevin1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10
Hello all,
I'm scratching my head on this. It appears your getting good deals far from home. I can understand this on in stock trucks but I'm looking at building/ordering so don't know if looking far from home would work. I like everyone would like the lowest price I can get. Last truck I bought was in 1997 so times have changed. I'm in Maryland.

IvoryHemi

Reaction score
Thank you, I'll have to look into the first 3 as I don't have those saved as potential contacts in the future.

I'll pass on Koons though, tried giving them a chance in the past and was thoroughly disappointed with their unprofessionalism and shady practices, have heard others with similar experiences on the forums.

Do appreciate the first 3 though and will copy down the info for my next truck purchase and see how they stack up.

Your welcome.

Craig @ Koons seems to be the go to there. Not sure about the other employees.

Also... Travis @ Tri-City CDJR in Eden, NC and Lakeland CDJR in Lakeland, FL.

I thought there was another one I contacted in PA but I can’t find it. It’s been a year since I shopped around.