Leaking sunroof can I permanently seal it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slempke95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2006 1500 slt with a power sunroof. It has leaked off and on for a few years due to drains getting clogged. And occasionally the window seems to sag in and need adjusting. But we stopped using the window all together to have less issues and overall it has worked.
But just the other night we had some good swings in weather with rain, snow, and freezing rain, and sure enough it leaked again. Right down the inside of the handle along the windshield. We are at the point of wanting to permanently seal the window. But I don’t know if this is a terrible idea and will only cause more issues?!…
Has anyone done this successfully? Or maybe some something else?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It’s your truck do as you please, should not be any problems sealing it.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use 3m clear bra to seal it. Don’t silicon it. I had to use 3m on my windshield as a tree fell on my truck and I wanted to keep any possible leak from starting until I can get it in for repair. Works awesome and is barely noticeable. I used the 4”.
I was contemplating using it on my sun roof as it took some slight damage around it but thankfully it doesn’t leak.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You don't clear the drains out?