LED Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobsuncle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, great forum you guys have here.

I am looking at replacing my stock headlights in my 2007 Ram. The stock lights are horrible and I can't see things at night. I would like to switch to LED. Couple questions...

I believe the size is H13. Do I need a conversion kit?

Do I need to do the fog lights also?

Do they make a kit to do both?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I don't really want to spend a ton of money to get this done...but I might have to I guess.

Thank you!!

Ken in Idaho

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 Mega Cab 3500
Engine
Diesel 5.9L
I would suggest that you first check with local and state laws on headlights. Many do not allow HID or Gen 4 LED's because they are too bright. Just a thought. Other than that, I have idea on kits, etc..

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you're looking to just replace the bulbs then just go to your local auto parts store and pick up LED replacement bulbs. If you drive around with the fog lights on all the time then I would recommend replacing those too because it can look goofy with mismatched colored bulbs.

OP
OP
B

Bobsuncle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would suggest that you first check with local and state laws on headlights. Many do not allow HID or Gen 4 LED's because they are too bright. Just a thought. Other than that, I have idea on kits, etc..
I am not able to buy the bulbs from the local store because of the year of the truck. If it already had led's then they can sell to them. Everyone has them though. So I guess I'm looking for a kit that is not too bright. It's just that the standard lights are so bad that I can't see deer. Appreciate any suggestions. Thank you!!

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
You can try Amazon.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Older composite headlight assemblies tend to haze over. The older they are the worse they become. I would first try a headlight restoration kit. I don't know if yours have become hazy, but putting brighter bulbs in hazy headlights makes it terrible for oncoming drivers. And the hazy lenses cut down on the effectiveness of your headlights.

If your lenses are clear, I would avoid just grabbing some LED bulbs off Amazon. Sure, there are lots out there to choose from. But most of them are junk. Do some research on your own. There is a lot of information out there on LED conversions.

As far as a kit which includes fog lights, I doubt you'll find one that's specific to your vehicle.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
I got an email from Headlight Revolution you might go to there website also and see what they have they do have a lot of stuff like you mention.

OP
OP
B

Bobsuncle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Older composite headlight assemblies tend to haze over. The older they are the worse they become. I would first try a headlight restoration kit. I don't know if yours have become hazy, but putting brighter bulbs in hazy headlights makes it terrible for oncoming drivers. And the hazy lenses cut down on the effectiveness of your headlights.

If your lenses are clear, I would avoid just grabbing some LED bulbs off Amazon. Sure, there are lots out there to choose from. But most of them are junk. Do some research on your own. There is a lot of information out there on LED conversions.

As far as a kit which includes fog lights, I doubt you'll find one that's specific to your vehicle.
Thanks for the reply. You are right my housings are hazy. I tried the restoration kit and it didn't help. So I think I need to replace the housing and then by some led lights. Wish I knew of a good brand that someone went with and is satisfied.

Here is the housing I found

AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Compatible with 2007-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Pickup Replacement Headlamp Driving Light Black Housing Amber Reflector Clear Lens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077D31XYM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_TVKRJWF636K77TEWRZGT?psc=1

Phillyrube

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the reply. You are right my housings are hazy. I tried the restoration kit and it didn't help. So I think I need to replace the housing and then by some led lights. Wish I knew of a good brand that someone went with and is satisfied.

AUTOSAVER88 Headlight Assembly Compatible with 2007-2008 Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Pickup Replacement Headlamp Driving Light Black Housing Amber Reflector Clear Lens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B077D31XYM/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_TVKRJWF636K77TEWRZGT?psc=1

Looking at something similar. Local install shop said to seal them with silicone before you install them, it should take care of the moisture issues. The shop does that with every system they install. Let the silicone cure for a day before install.

JeffffeJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8

Did you have any luck with these? I came here asking the same thing, just want a simple recommendation of a proven plug-n-play LED so I can see at night. Much appreciated.