Leer Camper shell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to pursue getting a cap. I love the looks of the caps with the crossbars, but truly don’t know if I would use it enough to justify the cost. I wish My truck was a long bed, then it would be a no brainier because I could use it for camping, and actually be comfortable back there. Since I have the shortbed, it may be a waste.
When you say long bed do you mean 8 ft or 6.4. I have it with the roof bars

Sled Freak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
+1, i've had mine for 2 years. I thought going with a hard topper then i see my neighbor struggling the couple of times he had taken his out and i cringe. It takes me couple of min to put my softopper down, couple more to remove it in full when needed, same to go back. Works for all my needs. Glad to see there are options for everybody so soft or hard top everybody can be happy.
I wanted a soft topper but being from Canada it was a pretty expensive purchase. Plus I dont like how they fit behind cab. Looks dorky to me. Best top doesn't make one for the 5.7" bed either. There's a local off road store that carries that brand, but only made for the 6.4 or 8' beds.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Toddbigboytruck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone have or installed a power lock on there cap. I bought mine colour matched used cap. And I want to add a power lock to the handle

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Has anyone have or installed a power lock on there cap.
I had the power lock option added to my Leer when I bought it. It's wired to the tailgate lock. There's just two wires that hook in parallel to the tailgate actuator. If you have the wires wrong the lock will do the opposite of what it's supposed to.