Lets see those travel trailers before the end of the season.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
2019RaminSC that's a nice trailer..we also have a forest river trailer and have been happy with it. yours is 1300# heavier than ours empty and 2' longer so just curious about the towing experience with your truck being similar to my laramie. thanx

fifthcircle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Brand spankin' new! At 9400lbs empty, it pulled as easy (or easier) than the old bumper pull that was 6000lbs. I might be sold on the 5th wheel now....but the loss of bike/kayak hauling in the bed is a bummer. I'm thinking roof racks....

IMG_20200227_153310_477.jpg

Reamer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Reamer -

How’d it tow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly it towed great. Twice, on some uneven road, it got into a bit of sway. The truck had some rolling, and the trailer was fishtailing a bit. Happened at about 60, or so, and slowing way down stopped it.

There are a lot of new things here for me. Air suspension on the truck. WDH with a friction sway control, and not really knowing the tongue weight as a percentage of trailer weight. Previously I’ve towed slightly lighter TTs with SUVs and Ram 3500. Never once got a sway-instability in the past. And never had a anti-sway friction device before, either.

Since the trip I read another thread here about anti-roll, or sway bars for the rear of the truck yielding improvements.

I’m thinking that the sway bar for the truck may be a good thing, as I could easily induce the sway-fishtail with the gentlest back n forth motion on the steering wheel.

(More than you wanted to know, eh?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Mostly it towed great. Twice, on some uneven road, it got into a bit of sway. The truck had some rolling, and the trailer was fishtailing a bit. Happened at about 60, or so, and slowing way down stopped it.

There are a lot of new things here for me. Air suspension on the truck. WDH with a friction sway control, and not really knowing the tongue weight as a percentage of trailer weight. Previously I’ve towed slightly lighter TTs with SUVs and Ram 3500. Never once got a sway-instability in the past. And never had a anti-sway friction device before, either.

Since the trip I read another thread here about anti-roll, or sway bars for the rear of the truck yielding improvements.

I’m thinking that the sway bar for the truck may be a good thing, as I could easily induce the sway-fishtail with the gentlest back n forth motion on the steering wheel.

I'm sure you are going to fix it but in the mean time if you get trailer sway just tap the trailer brake control and it should straighten right up.

Mustangmike66

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A

Not at all, we’re considering a Lance 1985 to tow with my Rebel. Thanks for the write up.

Reamer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Not at all, we’re considering a Lance 1985 to tow with my Rebel. Thanks for the write up.

I’d love to try pulling a 1985 back to back with the 1995. Nearly the same total weight, but the 1985 has a lot more tongue weight as the axles are further aft. It may be a lot more stable.

jayseejay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Itching to get on the road again and try out the 2020 Ram 2500 as our new tow vehicle, but I think it will be a while due to the virus. That’s our 2015 27’ Airstream Eddie Bauer hatchback, about 6800 pounds fully loaded, with about 950 tongue weight, using a Reese dual cam WD hitch.

0DC81AE2-25CA-45FA-85BB-3B668EFAF3EF.jpeg

7D74B0E7-C890-4DAA-A3A2-641DC9E42536.jpeg