Level kit help...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I am torn here and need some help. Currently I have a level spacer that Schawbs installed with 33" toyo MTs. I am not happy with the look of 33s so I want 35s. The level spacer didn't do a hole lot either. I think it still needs to come up an inch or more. So my thoughts were sell the spacer and install bilsteins. I also tow a lot so a set of airbags might be in order. Would that clear 35s and look and ride ok?

14RAM1500HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what size spacer did you go with. If you went with the 2.5-3" leveling spacers. It should be level and you should be able to clear 35s.

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@14RAM1500HEMI He could clear 35s with just a leveling kit, but he'd need some inner fender trimming and I think a leveling kit with 35s makes it too stuffed.

If you want 35s, I'd just go with Bilstiens 5100s. Or a lift kit, whichever you prefer. The 5100s might be better since they are adjustable, and you tow alot. If you stick Bilstiens on, and jack it enough you should look good and clear 35s with little to no inner fender trimming.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ARust you are right but you can't fit 35's with every leveling kit. They make small ones like 1.5 inch and up, with the 1.5 you can't clear 35's, I think you need atleast a 2 inch. And then you also need the right offset or spacers. I plan on putting 35's on my ram while it's just leveled then I'll lift it, it's just a matter of having all of the right components.

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't try to stick 35s under a leveled truck unless it has ATLEAST a 2.5 inch leveling kit. I've seen some fit 35s with a 2 inch leveling kit, but it looked way stuffed and they had to massacre the inner fender.

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@lone12star And yeah I know. Should have specified in that post.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Regardless of level or lift, you will need 1/4" wheel spacers to clear a 12.5" wide tire. If you're just looking to keep level I recommend going to 34's. You can run 35's but many think it looks stuffed, meaning to much tire and not enough wheel well.

I have 5100's at 2.8" and 1.75" rear coil spacers right now. I could get 35's in there, but I'm waiting on putting in my 3" body lift. I order 20x10 wheels though with -24 offset.

I will warm that over 2.5" and maybe even over 2" might get you the 4WD vibration. I'm getting it now with my 5100's at 2.8". Only vibrates when accelerating, has to do with the front axel angels I guess.

OP
OP
johnson

johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
Regardless of level or lift, you will need 1/4" wheel spacers to clear a 12.5" wide tire. If you're just looking to keep level I recommend going to 34's. You can run 35's but many think it looks stuffed, meaning to much tire and not enough wheel well.

I have 5100's at 2.8" and 1.75" rear coil spacers right now. I could get 35's in there, but I'm waiting on putting in my 3" body lift. I order 20x10 wheels though with -24 offset.

I will warm that over 2.5" and maybe even over 2" might get you the 4WD vibration. I'm getting it now with my 5100's at 2.8". Only vibrates when accelerating, has to do with the front axel angels I guess.

Do you have a picture handy of your truck on 34s? Is there a noticeable rake with your rear spacer? If I installed airbags could that take the place of rear spacers?

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do you have a picture handy of your truck on 34s? Is there a noticeable rake with your rear spacer? If I installed airbags could that take the place of rear spacers?

I don't have 34's but could easily if they were the 275/65R20's. I still have a little over 1.5" or rake. The air assist will not lift you from what I've read, but will keep your rear end from sagging as much when loaded.

I almost went for 34's and I have a ton of room with the 33's on their right now. I'm going to 35's though when I put the body lift on soon.

OP
OP
johnson

johnson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I don't have 34's but could easily if they were the 275/65R20's. I still have a little over 1.5" or rake. The air assist will not lift you from what I've read, but will keep your rear end from sagging as much when loaded.

I almost went for 34's and I have a ton of room with the 33's on their right now. I'm going to 35's though when I put the body lift on soon.

Ok. Thank you. I don't think I would be interested in any rake. So airbags and bilsteins might be the way to go with me.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok. Thank you. I don't think I would be interested in any rake. So airbags and bilsteins might be the way to go with me.

Different year and package trucks seem to have different rake as well. Measure your all your wheel wells and see what the difference is between front and rear. Then that will tell you which setting to set the 5100's at. If you do it yourself, it make look a little high at first. They settle on alignment and a little more after they've been on for a while. Most people seem to get level with the 2.1" setting though. The Sports seem to have a little more rake.

If you look at older pics in my build thread, you can see there was little room in the front wheel well before I leveled. Sport or not, I thought that was crazy on a 4WD truck.

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Cruizer Dang! Only 2.1" inch difference on Sports models? My Laramie had above 3 inches! It was like... 3.15 or something like that. Some people's truck had little to no rake, and I was always jealous. -_-

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
@Cruizer Dang! Only 2.1" inch difference on Sports models? My Laramie had above 3 inches! It was like... 3.15 or something like that. Some people's truck had little to no rake, and I was always jealous. -_-

I said most get by on the 2.1". My truck had a ton of rake. I would have still had some rake at 2.8" without the 1.75" rear spacers. I still have considerable rake now, but I want it that way. I like some rake on a lifted truck.

ARust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I said most get by on the 2.1". My truck had a ton of rake. I would have still had some rake at 2.8" without the 1.75" rear spacers. I still have considerable rake now, but I want it that way. I like some rake on a lifted truck.

Oh ok. Sorry about that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iralee