Leveling a 2016 big horn 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan OHearn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All,

I am planning on leveling or possibly lifting my truck. I intend on doing the install myself. I am just a bit lost. Ive done a bit of research but seem to get steered in different ways depending on who I speak with.

I am figuring on a 3-4 inch lift. I would like to shoot towards 35/12.50/20 with maybe a -12 or -24 offset.

I will be doing some off-roading and towing.

If I am going with a leveling kit should I replace the struts?

I guess I am looking for direction as there are so many options out there. At a point I was sold on going with a leveling kit but then found myself looking further into a bolt on lift kit.

I am definitely shying away from a suspension lift as I believe that will be over my head.

Any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

Ryan

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hi All,

I am planning on leveling or possibly lifting my truck. I intend on doing the install myself. I am just a bit lost. Ive done a bit of research but seem to get steered in different ways depending on who I speak with.

I am figuring on a 3-4 inch lift. I would like to shoot towards 35/12.50/20 with maybe a -12 or -24 offset.

I will be doing some off-roading and towing.

If I am going with a leveling kit should I replace the struts?

I guess I am looking for direction as there are so many options out there. At a point I was sold on going with a leveling kit but then found myself looking further into a bolt on lift kit.

I am definitely shying away from a suspension lift as I believe that will be over my head.

Any advice or opinions will be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance

Ryan

My advice would be to keep reading and doing your research. There is a lot of great info in this forum. Being that this is your first post welcome. We are more than happy to help you Along the way

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
From somebody who went thru both ... I started leveled at 2.1” with Bils, and went 285/60R20 .... That didn’t past long ... Went Zone 4”F/3”R, and started with the Bils at 0.7” .... And then moved em to 1.4” ..... Currently running 35 X 12.50 on 0” offset ... If I bought rims again I would go -12 or -18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk