Leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holmessquad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pros....Cons.....which kit is the best to level the front of my PW with the rear?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If using a spacer, I personally wouldnt go more than 1.5” spacer. That is what I have and it sits just perfect IMO. It has right around 1” rake still when measuring at the fenders, but pretty much looks perfectly level. Also, if your kit comes with shock extenders, do not use them unless it also has bump-stop drops too.

The best setup going IMO, although comes at a bit more cost, is the Thuren 1.5” springs with the white body shocks.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Olyelr is spot on. Just want to point out that the front track bar that comes with the front Overland kit he linked to isn’t necessary if the OEM track bar is in good shape. The bare minimum would be springs and shocks, which can be ordered separately.

The bar is bundled with the “front” kit because it frequently IS worn out and needs to be replaced. The OEM unit is a disposable wear item. The Thuren bar is adjustable, rebuildable and stronger. I’d also consider the Carli bar, which looks better on paper, but is more expensive. It’s also perfectly fine to keep swapping out Mopar track bars, they’re the correct length for a leveled PW as-is.

***Disclaimer*** The above is specific to Power Wagons ONLY. Regular 2500s need an adjustable track bar for Thuren’s front level. The OEM PW track bar is longer than the common 2500 track bar. ***Disclaimer***

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Both guys are right on target with Thuren, I have had 3 of them (coils and shocks)
2015 Ram 2500 6.4
2015 Ram 2500 Cummins
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW
Two of them in my gallery

Don’s customer service is exceptional and their website is educational.

Rbohno

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Powerwagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I just added 2 pics to my gallery of the other black truck listed (w Cummins ). The two black trucks in my gallery are twins except one with hemi and one with Cummins.

No not wealthy, long story about the trucks.

moonshinexxx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'll go ahead and recommend Thuren as well! I don't have a PW, but I do have a 3" spring/shock level kit on my Mega and it's great!

phil frost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2018 PW and I'm planning to level it out. I'd like to go with Thuren springs and shocks for the front. Should I get longer sway bar end links too? or, are the OEM end links ok to use with a 2" level kit?

thanks guys

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you lose towing capacity with the Thuren kit?

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just bought a 2018 PW and I'm planning to level it out. I'd like to go with Thuren springs and shocks for the front. Should I get longer sway bar end links too? or, are the OEM end links ok to use with a 2" level kit?

thanks guys

Nope, the stock front units are fine.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do you lose towing capacity with the Thuren kit?

A smidge, but hardly noticeable.

Theres a guy on pwr who actually has comparison numbers of the difference. It was very minor. Slight more sag, but nothing to write home about.

tastysuds

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A smidge, but hardly noticeable.

Theres a guy on pwr who actually has comparison numbers of the difference. It was very minor. Slight more sag, but nothing to write home about.

I just checked the Thuren website and it says the sag will be similar to a 1500. That I cant have, already getting rid of my 2017 1500 for a Powerwagon.

The included rear coils springs are quite a bit softer than stock. The ride quality and suspension travel benefit also comes with the drawback of more sag when weight is in the bed, or vertical on the hitch. The rear suspension with our coils will sag with weight similar to a 1/2 ton truck. (Quote from Thurens.)

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just checked the Thuren website and it says the sag will be similar to a 1500. That I cant have, already getting rid of my 2017 1500 for a Powerwagon.

The included rear coils springs are quite a bit softer than stock. The ride quality and suspension travel benefit also comes with the drawback of more sag when weight is in the bed, or vertical on the hitch. The rear suspension with our coils will sag with weight similar to a 1/2 ton truck. (Quote from Thurens.)

That is kinda generic verbiage from the normal 3/4 ton info. A stock power wagon already damn near sags similar to a half ton.

Im just stating the facts from real world testing. The guy had hundreds of pounds (I cant remember the exact weight) in the back of his truck with each springs.... thurens didnt hardly sag anymore than the stock pw coils.

Low_Sky

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L

Power Wagons already sag like a 1500. It’d be like going from “bad” to “a little bit worse”. If you have serious towing needs, get Loadlifter 5000 Ultimate airbags and Daystar airbag cradles whether in stock PW form or all Thurened up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demon Hunter 441