leveling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oddvmgb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey this might not be about lifting technically but... Im looking for a good budget leveling kit. I know everyone says RC but I just bought my first truck (2006 1500 quad cab 5.7) and I was wondering if anyone has had any good experience with some budget leveling kits. Sub 200 dollars ish.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Hey this might not be about lifting technically but... Im looking for a good budget leveling kit. I know everyone says RC but I just bought my first truck (2006 1500 quad cab 5.7) and I was wondering if anyone has had any good experience with some budget leveling kits. Sub 200 dollars ish.
No one recommends RC.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is for the 5th generation trucks, you’ll have more success is the 2nd generation section. It’s an easy mistake to make when you’re new to the forum. That said RC and sub $200 sounds like you’re looking at puck spacer type levels. While they are cheap they take their toll on your vehicle over time. Many people do them with success but then come back at some point years or miles down the road and wish they went a different direction. You can still go low budget with better equipment. Look into Bilstein 5100 or Rancho leveling struts. Both are better low cost options but will cost you a couple hundred bucks more. If you know how to do the work yourself or want to learn that will save you a considerable sum.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This is for the 5th generation trucks, you’ll have more success is the 2nd generation section. It’s an easy mistake to make when you’re new to the forum. That said RC and sub $200 sounds like you’re looking at puck spacer type levels. While they are cheap they take their toll on your vehicle over time. Many people do them with success but then come back at some point years or miles down the road and wish they went a different direction. You can still go low budget with better equipment. Look into Bilstein 5100 or Rancho leveling struts. Both are better low cost options but will cost you a couple hundred bucks more. If you know how to do the work yourself or want to learn that will save you a considerable sum.
Hes got a 3rd gen.

OP
OP
oddvmgb

oddvmgb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
May get more action/responses in the correct sub forum for your era rig…this is for 2019 and up.
Oh shoot, sorry. First time on this forum. Thanks for letting me know.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Oh shoot, sorry. First time on this forum. Thanks for letting me know.
Relocated to the correct section, if you have any questions on how to use the forum check here:

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is your truck 4wd? If so the best way to level it imo is with Bilstein 5100s in the front. Mine was leveled on those for 9 years, never had an issue with them.