Lift/level with half of bds kit...maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jellyballz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Asked this somewhere else, but received no answers so maybe some of you here could chime in.
2020 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 w/o air with 35's

Here's the dilemma:

Truck came with almost 2.25"-2.50" of rake. Most 6" lifts are 6/5 lifts so I'd still have 1.5" of rake after.
Same with the 4" BDS kit it's a 4/3.

So, originally I thought ok maybe I just do the whole 4" BDS and then set my 6112's up front to gain that 1".
But I just bought the rear bilstein 5160's for 400ish and won't be able to use them if I go with the full 4in.

So I was thinking of just putting the front kit of the 4in BDS on, set my front bilsteins to stock setting and then put the 1.5" ICON rear springs in and boom, should be about level and I can retain my rear bils as well.

Half kit costs roughly 1400 plus another 250 or so for the rear springs VS 2400 for full kit and lose the rear 6150's (any want to buy them only 2k miles on them! lol)

what to do...what to do...

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Asked this somewhere else, but received no answers so maybe some of you here could chime in.
2020 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 w/o air with 35's

Here's the dilemma:

Truck came with almost 2.25"-2.50" of rake. Most 6" lifts are 6/5 lifts so I'd still have 1.5" of rake after.
Same with the 4" BDS kit it's a 4/3.

So, originally I thought ok maybe I just do the whole 4" BDS and then set my 6112's up front to gain that 1".
But I just bought the rear bilstein 5160's for 400ish and won't be able to use them if I go with the full 4in.

So I was thinking of just putting the front kit of the 4in BDS on, set my front bilsteins to stock setting and then put the 1.5" ICON rear springs in and boom, should be about level and I can retain my rear bils as well.

Half kit costs roughly 1400 plus another 250 or so for the rear springs VS 2400 for full kit and lose the rear 6150's (any want to buy them only 2k miles on them! lol)

what to do...what to do...

Do the full lift you’ll end up spending the money anyway the second time you do it. Your plan to run 6112’s up front is a huge upgrade over stock ride characteristics. Opt for the 3” rear coil springs and leave the preload spacer out of the front. That will give you a 5/3

OP
OP
jellyballz

jellyballz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 4" BDS doesn't come with a preload spacer, just top hat spacer, spindles, diff drops, etc.
It's a 4/3 lift so you're saying it would probably just be smarter to get the inch out of the 6112's to make it a 5/3 correct?

Or did you mean do the 6" without the spacer and then get the 3" coil rear end?

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
The 4" BDS doesn't come with a preload spacer, just top hat spacer, spindles, diff drops, etc.
It's a 4/3 lift so you're saying it would probably just be smarter to get the inch out of the 6112's to make it a 5/3 correct?

Or did you mean do the 6" without the spacer and then get the 3" coil rear end?
I always recommend the 6” but yes 5/3 will level you out from your 2.5” rake