Light bar 2016 Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clint.dunnet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hey I was looking at a 42" curved light bar to put in the lower bumper underneath the license plate. The piece comes out but I measured roughly 3" +/- on the ends then it gets smaller in the middle to 2 1/2" roughly.

The light bar I found was on amazon called simplive and is 3.15" in height in the front. It gets smaller but I would like it to sit inside the bumper.

Does anyone have a fix for this or should I order a different light, I've seen lots of threads on light bar but none that were 2016.

Any help would be appreciated !!! It's a 2016 1500 SPORT

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
They are the same as the 14 which I have and I just put a 42" curved in the same spot. No issues. I also hung another 42 straight below it.

You'll be fine.

Attachments

• IMG_3536.jpg
    IMG_3536.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
Clint.dunnet

Clint.dunnet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Is yours a sport? Was there any cutting involved because I know that piece is just clipped in by the looks of mine. How did you get it to fit where it is only 2.5"? Does it stick out? I would like to have it flush at the very minimum.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
It's an express. But has the sport blackout package. So headlights, tail lights, bumper with fogs etc.

No cutting. Pull the clipped in cover out, spend $45 on brackets on here or make your own with 2 pieces of metal and bolt it on.

It's tucked in pretty well, farther inward from the face of the bumper. I'm not going to cut my OE filler panel for the ends. I would rather find a used one to cut up if I end up wanting to do it.

The bumper flexes alittle but it should fit easily.the bars fit very well. And this is a decent side shot showing how tucked in it is. It can go in farther if u wanted it to but making the brackets would be hell. I made mine from 2"x5"x3/16" steel so it's very hard to bend where u want it lol. Solid as a rock tho.

Attachments

• IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 63

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Black out those brackets on the ends of the single row.

OP
OP
Clint.dunnet

Clint.dunnet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks. I ordered a 42" curved and I'll rig up some brackets or look at the ones on here. Can't wait to put it in. Now just to find a stock looking button for the dash where my heated seats, tow/haul so it looks factory. Yours looks pretty flush. Looks great!

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Black out those brackets on the ends of the single row.

It's on the 2 do list lol. But it's too cold here now. They are bare stainless so it is what it is.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Thanks. I ordered a 42" curved and I'll rig up some brackets or look at the ones on here. Can't wait to put it in. Now just to find a stock looking button for the dash where my heated seats, tow/haul so it looks factory. Yours looks pretty flush. Looks great!

Thanks. Test the bar before you fit it and see if u like the output. I put my switch in the blank panel on the pass side. It's a 3 way switch and wired it so it's off in the middle, down is manual on and the top position it's wired into the high beams so it automatically turns on when I engage the high beams. Working great so far.

Attachments

• IMG_3487.jpg
    IMG_3487.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdog57