Lock lockers at will - Need a NYC test truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All,

The Tazer RAM makers, ZAutomotive, were hoping to have some new functionality out for the 2014+ PW in February. They had a test truck lined up, but that fell through. They need a PW to test the new Tazer software on. Check out the Jeep JL forums for some idea of what will be added for us, but the two big ones are:

Lock your lockers (rear/front&rear) in any range (2hi/4hi/4lo).
Disconnect swaybar in any range.
Plus a few other nice to haves.

Anyone got a 2014+ PW near NYC that Z can use? I've asked how long he needs it and I'll post the answer here as soon as he responds (just sent the message, so may be a day or so).

-Mike

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do. When do you need it?
2017 PW

Reuben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hell yes. If I was close I would do it. I have the Tazer and love it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
m25443

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do. When do you need it?
2017 PW

Contact them at Z Automotive Technologies on FB Messenger, or go to their web site and send them an email. They are pretty good about getting back to people in 24 hours or so.

Also, if you could keep us updated in this thread of any major milestones (such as contact made, dates agreed on, truck in their possession, testing completed, etc.) toward getting this done, that would be great.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hahahah. I told them last month that the next time they are in northern michigan they can use mine lol.

I have been on the horn with them about this for several months. I was quite let down when they told me several weeks back that the pw hookup they had fell through.... said they lost the guys number... almost made me think it was all a hoax.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Contact them at Z Automotive Technologies on FB Messenger, or go to their web site and send them an email. They are pretty good about getting back to people in 24 hours or so.

Also, if you could keep us updated in this thread of any major milestones (such as contact made, dates agreed on, truck in their possession, testing completed, etc.) toward getting this done, that would be great.
Just sent an email. Will keep everyone posted for sure

OP
OP
m25443

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Waiting to schedule a time for them to have my truck. I texted this week but haven't heard back yet

That's Good news! I talked to them today and they said they had someone lined up and will be working on it soon. I'm assuming it's you.

Trail Wagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Waiting to schedule a time for them to have my truck. I texted this week but haven't heard back yet

Hate being that guy, but it's been a few weeks. Did they ever get back with you to schedule a time to use your truck?

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hate being that guy, but it's been a few weeks. Did they ever get back with you to schedule a time to use your truck?

No! I don't know what to do either, I sent an email also but still haven't heard anything. I really want to get this done either.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No! I don't know what to do either, I sent an email also but still haven't heard anything. I really want to get this done either.

Have you ever sent them a text? I had an issue when using my tazer originally, and sent them a text late at night and got a reply almost instantly. And I continued texting with whoever it was for a month or so (about getting lockers to work at will) and they were always quick to reply!

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you ever sent them a text? I had an issue when using my tazer originally, and sent them a text late at night and got a reply almost instantly. And I continued texting with whoever it was for a month or so (about getting lockers to work at will) and they were always quick to reply!

yea we have been in contact through text and email. still nothing set up though

OP
OP
m25443

m25443

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yea we have been in contact through text and email. still nothing set up though

At least that's some progress. I found the best way to reach them is on FB Messenger, even after regular East Coast working hours..

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
At least that's some progress. I found the best way to reach them is on FB Messenger, even after regular East Coast working hours..
I don't have FB otherwise i would

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I first texted the number (late one evening), the person who responded said he will soon be out of service for a bit as he was boarding a plane! I thought that was impressive to even receive a response!

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just got on the their website and looked at the firmware updates for the tazer ram. On 5-15-19 they put an update out for adding “spoof4lo” mode for the lockers in the power wagons, along with some other things.

Guess Im gonna have to upload it sometime and see what the hell it does ! ! !

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read their little blurp in the instruction manual about it... it sounds like it basically just tricks the truck into thinking it is in 4lo, even if you are in 2hi or 4hi. Ive had a setup already that did this, and didnt much care for it. It raises the idle and changes the shift points as if you were in 4lo.

Hmmmmmm. Guess I will still test it out and see... but not liking what I am hearing.