Long tube header noise.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SC HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This past weekend I put stainless works long tube headers,no cats, and borla muffler on my 2010 Ram 5.7.
I am hearing something that sounds like an exhaust leak but can't seem to find a leak. Is this normal sound for lt headers? Thanks for the help

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
My kooks leak consistently at the ball flange. No matter how tight I get the clamps, they always back off due to the heat cycles. The band clamps holding all the pipes together were a pain to get straight & not leaking. Just spend some time with it, you'll get. Easiest way to find the leaks are watch for the water drips or black residue.

Bayoukayaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My BBK headers make a weird noise too, First i thought it was a leak but after checking everything out i realized its just the metal ting sound the headers make. I went catless and now the sound is throughout the entire exhaust system. listening to other vehicles with headers i hear it on theirs too. Hope this information was helpful and you have no leaks!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
with headers you will hear more engine noise, ticks, etc
Look for black soot if its a real leak.
On the cylinder head, or flange collector?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
LTs make noise, you eventually get used to it.

joe roberson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
This past weekend I put stainless works long tube headers,no cats, and borla muffler on my 2010 Ram 5.7.
I am hearing something that sounds like an exhaust leak but can't seem to find a leak. Is this normal sound for lt headers? Thanks for the help

Off topic of yours but I got long tubes put on a few months ago w/o cats and running a black widow muffler. Sounds good but around 2k rpm it is raspy as hell and annoying.
Are you getting any rasp with the borla? And do you like it?

seabrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black 2018 Night
Engine
5.7 3.92 anti slip
my jba lts had a ting noise to them

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
with headers you will hear more engine noise, ticks, etc
Look for black soot if its a real leak.
On the cylinder head, or flange collector?

Funny I might have a pic for show and tell to get that smurf moment where everyone gathers round and they go ooooo ahhhhhh at whatever papa smurf is presenting.

20210106_163825.jpg

Nice black soot in my 2.25 pipes coming out of that old carven. Guess it's about time for a new muffler.

MOPAR78

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Just curios about your install. I have Stainless Works long tubes that I have thought about waiting to install with an engine swap.
How difficult was it and did you run into any broken bolt issues? Also any advice on the install that you could offer?

Thanks.