Looking a two 19 1500 which would you buy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jim Bowker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big Horn. Not a fan of leather - had it once, now I'm back to cloth. Does the Laramie have remote start? I noted that it was standard on Big Horn, but not on Laramie for 2017. Not sure if that's changed.

Jim113

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would say it would depend on what you're going to use it for … If your going off-roading or for work purposes and your truck is going to get banged up, I would suggest the lower end Big Horn .. If it is going to be your daily driver, mostly urban driving, and you like to keep your truck looking good, then go with the Laramie … I personally have had two Laramie Longhorns (on my second one now) and I love the interior and options that come with it … I will be trading in another year and a half and will be looking for another new Longhorn … All the best on your purchase !!

strat10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really enjoy the luxury of my Laramie. As many have stated, if you are looking for that comfy, Cadillac like experience, for sure stick with the Laramie.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Go with the truck selling for $32K as the price you actually pay to take the truck home is all that matters, everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

john94si

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was going with a Limited but i am now trying to pay off my 14 tradesman and get a TRX in a yr or so..

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was going with a Limited but i am now trying to pay off my 14 tradesman and get a TRX in a yr or so..

That sounds like an awesome plan to me.

Kukailimoku

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
trying to decide which to buy

this is with my trade total with tax

2019 Big Horn 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi etorque sport app. level 1 MSRP $48965 discount $26900

2019 Laramie 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi sport app. level 1 MSRP $53560 discount to $31738
no etorque on the Larmie

more discount on the Big horn

outside looks almost the same exception of wheels and led headlights

inside is where the differences is at leather heated and cooled, reclining rear seats more

which would you buy?

Taking your post at prima facie:

The Big Horn, definitely. You're talking between $4,500-$4,800 difference for only some inside/seat perks and the bragging right of saying "Laramie" instead of the plebian "Big Horn". That's way too much money to spend for only some seat perks and some braggin'. Especially since you said both are same Level I.

HOWEVER, there are probably much more many little things different about the two that you didn't notice or didn't mention. Such as tires, and wheel sizes and choices in rims. also leather or no leather. Also, doesn't BH come stock with bench front seat and Laramie come stock with bucket fronts/giant console? Without making a value statement on either, we have to admit that that's at least enough apples-vs-oranges to complicate your choice.

Presuming your wallet doesn't have TOO much of a vote regarding the difference, my personal two cents would be the Laramie. But not for the reasons/little bit of information in the OP. I'd go Laramie for a bunch of other little things: 12" screen, vented front seats, leather, etc. Keep in mind my current Ram I bought in my 30s is a stripped down truck. The way a truck should be. I'm 50 now, and not gonna take the truck off road anymore (wife has a jeep we use for that), and in my post military retirement job (i.e. pretty good pay) so my next truck will be a mall-crawling luxury - the antithesis to what younger me said "...a truck should be".
(A younger me would get a more spartanly appointed Big Horn. The now-me will get the more pu$$y Laramie w/ leather, etc.)

R1200GS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

2019 Big Horn 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi etorque sport app. level 1 MSRP $48965 discount $26900

2019 Laramie 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi sport app. level 1 MSRP $53560 discount to $31738
no etorque on the Larmie

inside is where the differences is at leather heated and cooled, reclining rear seats more

which would you buy?
How in the hell do you get that much actual discount off of the MSRP. I'd like to know that.

john94si

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not discount that is his trade value.

MegaRam18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thanks all for your inputs, I decided to go with the Laramie, i very happy with my Purchase.
pictures coming soon if it stops raining
What you don't go out in the rain?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

slacadjuster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

no etorque on the Larmie

which would you buy?

See, here's something I just don't understand. This is all personal preference. Not asking for advice from people on a forum.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I bought an '18 laramie, ED. Really like the options it came with. They took 10K off msrp, which around here isnt bad.