Looking for a replacement mirror glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AL Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.8L V8
I've got a 2018 Ram 1500 and the driver side mirror shattered. The mirror housing is fine. Everything works. Just need to find the glass. The problem I'm having is the mirror housing has a round mount for the mirror. All the mirrors I've found so far have a square molding with two tabs at the bottom for easy installation. This doesn't work on my round mount. It's not an after-market mirror.

I'm attaching a picture of the back of my broken glass and a picture of the mirror mount in the housing.

Can you help steer me to where I can find a replacement mirror glass with a circular template on the back instead of the square template?

Thanks!

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 2018 Ram 1500 and the driver side mirror shattered. The mirror housing is fine. Everything works. Just need to find the glass. The problem I'm having is the mirror housing has a round mount for the mirror. All the mirrors I've found so far have a square molding with two tabs at the bottom for easy installation. This doesn't work on my round mount. It's not an after-market mirror.

I'm attaching a picture of the back of my broken glass and a picture of the mirror mount in the housing.

Can you help steer me to where I can find a replacement mirror glass with a circular template on the back instead of the square template?

Thanks!

View attachment 225429

View attachment 225430
I have been in the same situation. If it's an auto dim mirror be prepared for some sticker shock. You can easily find a complete used mirror for the price of the replacement glass. If your mirrors are just the standard non auto dim style the price isn't nearly as bad. As stated Benny # allmoparparts.com in the vendor section can hook you up.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Austin52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Help! Same problem and exact same mirror. I cannot find a replacement.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I know that the dealerships have them in stock, check with Benny as mentioned above

You will have to have some information

There are mirror glass with 2 wire connection & others with 3 wires, there may be other options
Both of them will fit into the mirror housing

Do Not toss those metal fingers away, you will need them on the new mirror glass

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Something else to look at, just so that you will know about it.

Before you replace the glass, look at the bottom inside of the mirror housing
Do you see the black clip in the bottom center of the housing
If you push it over just a bit, it should release the light in the bottom of the housing if i recall correctly.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
This is a 2009 passenger side

r0p3.jpg
if you look closely, you can see the black clip
vqxx.jpg

qb12.jpg

the mirrors do come apart & it did not take long
This was the drivers side a couple of years later, i believe someone was using a baseball bat from a driveby

IWS27j.jpg

EcGbaa.jpg

light on the back side of housing
SxTIXy.jpg

1Vr1UA.jpg

Last edited:

Austin52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Thank you. I was able to take the old glass out with no problem. No one can seem to locate the glass with a circular template though. Every auto store I’ve checked can only find the rectangular one like you posted. They said they checked the Mopar website and couldn’t find it either. Contacting the dealership in the morning and crossing my fingers that they can find it and not charge me an arm and leg.

Austin52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Check out ebay. Huge selection
Tried. And had multiple autopart stores look into it for me. I don’t know if they discontinued or what. It’s 2018, but cannot seem to find the model number or one with the circular template anywhere. Looks just like the guy’s who originally posted the pics on here. Just doesn’t seem to be a simple. Google/eBay find on this one.

erikb13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I know this is an older thread but did anyone ever find the mirror? I need a drivers side and am having the same problem

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You can either talk to Benny
or your Dodge dealer PARTS Dept has them usually

image is the 2009 Ram electric motor

1630122257573.png

Abhuezo22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks!

View attachment 225429

View attachment 225430
Found the mirror on eBay 70 bucks

Abhuezo22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks!

View attachment 225429

View attachment 225430
They sell the glass on eBay for like 70 bucks part number is

68381787AA​