Looking for some advice on levelling kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seanbeck1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey guys

Bit if a newbie here. I wanted to add a levelling kit and wheel spacers on my truck and was looking for peoples advice.

I wanted to know whether it’s possible and whether it’s safe for my truck. If people have a particular level kit and or spacers they’d recommend then I would appreciate it.

I also wanted to know if I can install them by myself. My knowledge of cars/trucks is limited, but I’m a licensed plumber so I’m mehanically minded and know how to use tools.

Thanks.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Bilstien 5100's ... It will take a spring compressor, and an alignment after ... Wheel spacers are simple ... Bora

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’m a newb to the RAM truck, but not a newb to lifting IFS/offroad world. There are a lot of options out there to level/lift this trucks with different budgets in mind, with that said, I’ve done a bit of everything in many other applications, and I wouldn’t consider spacers myself to lift anything, unless I was looking at trim spacers to correct a lean issue, and I wouldn’t use more than 1/2” to do so, unless it was absolutely necessary (no coil springs to add the needed lift), but no more than 1".

I’d rather use strut/shocks to lift what’s needed to level/lift, you’ll find some nice options out there to accomplish the task, with the forum favorite, Bilstein 5100's (up to 2.8"), You also have Rancho Quick Lift (2"), Rough Country Front leveling struts (2 or 2.5"), Now Teraflex (company that does a bunch of stuff for Jeeps now seem to have a level kit option for the RAM 1500's, i'm trying to find out how high will they go), Eibach also have leveling struts up to 2.5", all this options are fixed in height, or you can change the position of the c-clips for the ones using this option to attain lift, you can also choose any coilover (Fox, Icon, King, Radflo,etc, this will give you give more adjustabilty in height between 0-2.5 or 3") for a better ride anywhere, especailly offroad, of course they're not cheap as it's Hi performance stuff, past 3" you'll need to deal with the brackets, cutting/welding/new spindles etc, if you have 4x4, you have to watch your CV angles, if you go past 2.5", you need to account for those angles, UCA's, tie-rods, etc, etc, the higher you go, the more parts you'll need to fix geometry, the more expensinve it becomes to do it.

I went with the Rancho QL's because their struts are fully assembled, take the old ones out, put the new ones in, and it's done, plus i can adjust the valving if i want them more plush or more firm for street duties.. i've had no issues to report with them, i know Rancho's have a lot of push back around here, but people in the Jeep Wrangler forums loves them and i came from a Jeep Wrangler unlimited, so i said why not give them a try, so far so good..., i have no plans to bomb out washes in the dessert with them, i know their limitations and i'll take it slow and easy in our Socal trails, (i have to, i have no gas tank skid :)), and as for the moment, i don't need more than 2", maybe i'll have to go 2.5" in the future, but i'll have a different set of coilovers instead, for now, Ranchos are doing exactly what i wanted/needed them for, including offroad duties with 35's.

Wish you good luck selecting the parts for what you want/need to do with your truck, the spacer options are cheaper too if you wanted to go that route, hope more people will chime in to give you the details on those, i have no idea what else is out there when it comes to them, but there is a ton of them plastic, aluminum, shinny billet ones, etc.

Have fun.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the Rancho's on my Ram. Great ride. The adjustable dial was awesome, and they rode great.

I have them in my garage in a box ready to ship if you're interested.