Looking at a lifted truck (not on purpose) need some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBITWIZZLE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've got my eye on a nice 2014 Ram sport, and I thought I did my due diligence, but talking with the salesman today he says that it's got a 4" lift and custom wheels and blah blah and alarm bells started running in my head. I'm not really a lifted truck kind of guy, but it doesn't look terrible, so I'm fine with keeping the lift as long as the geometry still works.

I know lowered cars can have issues with drivetrain and suspension geometry, so I imagine the opposite is also true? I don't know what brand the kit is, but what should I be looking for?

Push comes to shove and I want to go back to factory air ride (this one was loaded), what is that gonna cost?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm going to look at it Saturday, and hopefully bring it home if everything checks out.

mrack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just from reading your post, it sounds like a lifted truck is not right for you at all and you should move on. More then likely it is a cheap rough country lift which are known for poor ride and all sorts of geometry issues, especially the 4”. As for going going back to the factory air ride, that’s a bad idea also, it too is known for major failures and that’s why so many people get rid of it.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Echoing above. Either you are interested in the truck as is, or it isn't right for you. There is no reason to jump into something that may not work for you, all that expense and then pay more to lower. It is one thing to buy a new truck and lift it to get to where one wants to go because they generally aren't available factory. Find a stock height truck, there are many out there.

Good luck.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Ifs = to many moving parts. And why the lift is it to fit bigger tires or bigger rims sidewalls is your friend but not if you are a road racer. But if you’re into 4wheeling or if the roads are bad in your area you need sidewalls

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Got any pictures or a listing of the truck so we can see? Wonder if it's actually lifted or if it's leveled (some people don't know the difference). If it's just leveled and has quality parts on it, I'd consider it. But I agree with the above, it sounds like a lifted truck isn't what you're wanting and very few of them actually have a quality kit on them.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
If they sell it to you REALY, REALLY, REALLY cheap, maybe. If it was lifted and offroaded heavily, then even really cheap will be a bad deal. Putting the air ride back on will cost you a ton, min 8,000, more likely 10,000 installed, unless you go with parts from the wrecker. Would be a lot cheaper to go back to stock height conventional. The kit for that will be abot 3 grand plus install.

Last edited:

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
Lifted and on air bags what could go wrong lol someone probably lifted it and started having problems so they traded it in. If they wheeled it hard no way. Do a crawl test on it. Crawl under it and lot for scuffs and scrapes things like mud packed in the skid that hind of things

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357