Loss of power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bones84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ltr
What could cause a loss of power while driving and a rough or idle on a 03 5.7? This happened while I was driving down the hwy. If anyone knows what could cause this issue please pass on the info.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Karlsweg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
scan the obd and see if you have any codes. Could be as simple as new plugs needed. Could be broken valve spring.

OP
OP
B

Bones84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ltr
So I hooked a scanner up to my truck and it said it was misfiring on multiple cylinders. So what could cause that? It has 204,000 miles. I'm not sure when the plugs and coils were last changed in it. I bought it about 7,000 miles ago. It was running just fine then out of no where while costing down a hill the exhaust started sounding weired and the engine light came on and then this ([emoji298]) light came on.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Check your battery & charging system. If your voltage is low, the PCM will do all kinds of funky stuff. The lightning bolt is the "Electronic Throttle Control" fault indicator. The ETC light could also mean you need to clean your throttle body or the little rubber gasket where the EGR tube goes into the intake is torn.

You might try this too. In the notes below the actual video, it shows how to reset the Throttle body.

OP
OP
B

Bones84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 ltr
Check your battery & charging system. If your voltage is low, the PCM will do all kinds of funky stuff. The lightning bolt is the "Electronic Throttle Control" fault indicator. The ETC light could also mean you need to clean your throttle body or the little rubber gasket where the EGR tube goes into the intake is torn.

You might try this too. In the notes below the actual video, it shows how to reset the Throttle body.

Thanks I'll check it over.