Love my new foam cannon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally got a foam cannon. I wasn't sure if I even wanted one but I love it so far. It's an Amazon Vine find. That's a testing program where you can get items for free in exchange for a review. I used Meguiar's Gold Class soap at about a 6 to 1 mix. It works great. It's not an expensive one but it puts out the foam.

Selkie 5000PSI Pressure Washer Gun with Foam Cannon, Pressure Washer Sprayer Gun with Dual Adjustable Snow Foam Lance with 7pcs Nozzles,1/4" Quick Connector,4350PSI https://a.co/d/gJ5Q5Z3

20230712_121949.jpg

Last edited:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Picked one up , awhile back. Jut of the garden hose gives me a foam just slightly less robust than your pics.
Did a terrific job on the camper.

Gonna borrow a freidns pressure washer ot see how it does on it.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Picked one up , awhile back. Jut of the garden hose gives me a foam just slightly less robust than your pics.
Likely the hardness of the water, it has a major effect on the amount of foam. I just had my plumber install a spigot connected to my soft water system and it made a big difference in the thickness of the foam.

I have a Chemical Guys foam cannon and a much less expensive Twinkle Star and they both work the same. The Twinkle Star foam bottle has a brass fitting, much more robust than the Chemical Guy's offering.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice. this is my home set up.

2 of these and 3 Home Depot buckets

1 of these:

You might try one of these two products for soap.

Drying

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Likely the hardness of the water, it has a major effect on the amount of foam. I just had my plumber install a spigot connected to my soft water system and it made a big difference in the thickness of the foam.

I have a Chemical Guys foam cannon and a much less expensive Twinkle Star and they both work the same. The Twinkle Star foam bottle has a brass fitting, much more robust than the Chemical Guy's offering.

do not doubt it, at all.
We have very hard water around here.
just never grew used to soft water taste though.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
do not doubt it, at all.
We have very hard water around here.
just never grew used to soft water taste though.
A water softener removes most minerals but not all dissolved solids. Soften water is typically not used as drinking water. We have well water at our home, and a water softener for showers, and general washing but for drinking water, we have a reverse osmosis system.

For about 10 bucks you can pick up a TDS meter that will report the total dissolved solids in a water sample. If the water's TDS is under 150, it is considered good for drinking. TDS values higher than 150 or 200 make it more difficult for the body to use the water. from what I have read.

Our reverse osmosis water and bottled water we buy has a TDS under 30. Our well water, before any treatment is over 500. I never thought much about this until I started looking for a better way to wash my vehicles and reduce the water spots. In my quest, I discovered some folks, mainly in the southwest, also use a reverse osmosis system for whole house water.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I want one of these. Do they really do the job and do you really get the water quantity out of it that is advertised?
You really do. Our water is so hard. We use a bigger version of this at work and its spotless every time. I got mine used and then I was really only out the sand.