Lower Spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
The front lower spoiler under the bumper !
It is hanging a little and does it use those plastic push pins? Screws ?
Anyone one know the part #
I had no luck on google but may be using the wrong name for them Thanks

UPDATE
I was using the wrong term, It is the Air Dam and found what I needed but if you have ever removed it any tips ?? Thanks

Last edited:

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have wondered myself what the up or down side of removing it is .... I think it would look better without it .... I have seen people remove it .... But is it purely aerodynamic for mileage, or will removing it have an adverse affect on air flow to the heating/cooling/radiator ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Push pins with a little nut and bolt on each end.

ScLeCo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Supercharged 426
I have wondered myself what the up or down side of removing it is .... I think it would look better without it .... I have seen people remove it .... But is it purely aerodynamic for mileage, or will removing it have an adverse affect on air flow to the heating/cooling/radiator ?

The purpose of the air dam is to move air around the truck instead of going underneath where it causes drag.
Removing it will have zero effect on cooling.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The purpose of the air dam is to move air around the truck instead of going underneath where it causes drag.
Removing it will have zero effect on cooling.

And there is a very definitive answer .... Thank you ....

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks .for you reply's
I am not planning on removing it just replace a couple push pins ! Bugs me seeing it a little loose on one corner lol

kolya

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v-6
I removed the air dams on my Sahara JK and my Ram when I installed brush guards. There was no after-effect with the Ram, but had hood lift with the Jeep when passing larger trucks.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I removed the air dams on my Sahara JK and my Ram when I installed brush guards. There was no after-effect with the Ram, but had hood lift with the Jeep when passing larger trucks.
I remember that feeling of the hood lifting up when a large truck was coming in the opposite lane. Fixed with aftermarket hood hinges. I don't think it had anything to do with front air damn but all in all the Jeep was modded when I started experiencing than issue. In my case the trail took care of that plastic pos first time out even before i started modding the Jeep. 2nd thing that went out was the bracket that holds the factory steering stabilizer so I ran without the SS on the way home :)

I don't have any air damn in my truck. Is been around 2 years now. Aftermarket bumpers don't have any of that.

Adamcr68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemifever 5.7

I took mine off for the look of more height but only drive 6 miles to work so wasn’t worried about the aerodynamics might feel different if I had a long commute. The edge is not smooth has “teeth” where it locks into bottom of bumper- plastic had a body shop trim for a cleaner look

34680F3A-CAD3-4755-A130-F83DFFD59B8B.jpeg

7A2993C3-CA4A-487B-84DB-E767BB704E4A.jpeg

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was thinking about removing it . I took my 4" grinder and put a cutting wheel on and cut the ends where it curves down and reversed it so it is tapered up instead. I was afraid if I removed it the bottom of the bumper cover would be to flimsy . Now that I see yours I may go for the whole thing removed . I want a shorter bumper and removing that really helped the looks on yours. The aftermarket ones I have looked at look too home made at best , not impressed. Matter of fact I believe that will be gone Monday

EDIT: Done . I like the look. It's a small dam but when its gone its noticeable . A lot of the times its the little things that add up and make the difference

Last edited: