Lowerd Section Activity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tyler, are those new headlights i see on your truck?

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, just some cheap, black Ebay specials.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, just some cheap, black Ebay specials.

Bro, I just noticed something while looking at your truck! I think I totally ordered your headlights. Are they like our stock one's, but painted black inside the housing, and the turn signals are clear???

I ordered them last week, and they're sitting in my garage waiting for time to install.

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Predator 4x4 Dually & 2012 Ram Puinsher R/T 1 of 1
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo & Hemi 5.7
Man your truck looks killer! Nice job!

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man your truck looks killer! Nice job!

Thank you sir! I am VERY happy with it, too. :) I had some concerns about loosing ride quality with it being lowered, but it actually rides better than stock.
I am gonna start focusing on appearance mods now...

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Let me know what your thinking I can send you links to tons of ideas... Have you nailed down a thyme?

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me know what your thinking I can send you links to tons of ideas... Have you nailed down a thyme?

Yep, I looked high and low for wheels, but just didn't find one's I loved... And now that my truck is lowered, I like my stock wheels even better. So I am gonna do this for now:
-Stock wheels powder coated black
-Exhaust tips powder coated black
-Ram emblems flat black
-Inside headlight housing black, clear turn signals (white bulb will flash yellow)
-Stock taillights stay red
-Brake calipers painted red

Basically, gray truck on flat black, and bits of red here and there. :) I am really going after a very subtle, almost stock look. What do you think???

Last edited:

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think that's a pretty clean look. Sounds killer!

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like what I want to do I still need to do the inside of my headlights too and my fog lights do want to paint calipers red I have black wheels and emblems need exhaust but need to save money for now so I have to wait before anything

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like what I want to do I still need to do the inside of my headlights too and my fog lights do want to paint calipers red I have black wheels and emblems need exhaust but need to save money for now so I have to wait before anything

Sounds good. What are you gonna do with your fog lights?? That's the only part I don't have any ideas for.

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds good. What are you gonna do with your fog lights?? That's the only part I don't have any ideas for.

I saw some people tinted them so I want to try that with 35% the only thing is I don't know how long that would last like how long before the tint goes bad

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I saw some people tinted them so I want to try that with 35% the only thing is I don't know how long that would last like how long before the tint goes bad

Oh, I am no expert, but I can't imagine that lasting very long. My truck sits in the sun and salt water air all day... Not to mention how often I wash the truck. :)

delunad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, I am no expert, but I can't imagine that lasting very long. My truck sits in the sun and salt water air all day... Not to mention how often I wash the truck. :)

Plus the heat from the lights when on I don't have salt water air but mine does sit in the sun a lot but the sun doesn't really hit the fog lights and washing shouldn't do much to them I think also what I saw them use was lamin-x not tint

Last edited:

MGRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I lamin-x my fogs and they are retrofitted with projectors. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398648540.436235.jpg

Lhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The make halo's for fogs now too, I'm going to get some to match my heads.