Lowering a 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

brotten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's Got a HEMI
Drop shackles and possibly overload leaf delete. Flip kit would drop it too much.

If you do go with the flip kit, loosening the torsion bars is an option, bit will sacrifice ride comfort.

Good idea would be to buy lowering keys for the torsion bars, which aren't too expensive or hard to install. That maintains the factory ride stiffness, but still gets the lowered look. You can buy 1, and 2 inch lowering keys.

Tapatalk'in

Will shackles and Leaf Delete get me 3-4" I don't mine putting helper bags on for stiffness and towing...

Also where can I find 1" or 2" keys I've Look everwhere for keys by themselves...

I came from a chevrolet and it seems those parts where alot cheaper and easier to find...

UberRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will shackles and Leaf Delete get me 3-4" I don't mine putting helper bags on for stiffness and towing...

Also where can I find 1" or 2" keys I've Look everwhere for keys by themselves...

I came from a chevrolet and it seems those parts where alot cheaper and easier to find...

I'm curious about the lowering keys as well. The only ones I've ever seen are these: Lowering Keys

Also, if you use lowering keys will you need new shocks?

OP
OP
B

brotten

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's Got a HEMI
FYI All
I changed my mind after I got the shackles put on...
I decided to go back the otherway way and level the front end and put on some BFG MT's I'll put up some pics when I get it all done!

moodygunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey bro, I just finished lowering my 2008 4x4. It looks great. I have the parts for a 4/5 but just started with a 2/3 for now to see if I would have any problems. But I like it at 2/3. I put ground force coils up front with Monroe struts and bell tech lowering leafs on back with Monroe shocks. I also installed the Kore high angle CV joints in case I decided to go 4/6 in the future. But the ride is nice and solid, and it looks soo much better. I have a nice write up on the 3rd gen exterior tab. I will post pictures as well as a link to YouTube tomorrow when I get it all cleaned up.

Blakerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Drop Spindles

If you use drop spindles on a 4x4, will the front axles go through it? I mean does the 4 wheel drive still work? I wanna drop my 2008 4x4 and lookin for info on it. I know it's been done before and wondering if theres any problems with the 4x4 working correctly. I saw the youtube vid where that dude had to make a big hole for clearance! Damn!

Trupiano

Reaction score
Hometown : Puyallup,WA Stationed : Little Rock,
Ram Year
2010 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L CTD
Hey bro, I just finished lowering my 2008 4x4. It looks great. I have the parts for a 4/5 but just started with a 2/3 for now to see if I would have any problems. But I like it at 2/3. I put ground force coils up front with Monroe struts and bell tech lowering leafs on back with Monroe shocks. I also installed the Kore high angle CV joints in case I decided to go 4/6 in the future. But the ride is nice and solid, and it looks soo much better. I have a nice write up on the 3rd gen exterior tab. I will post pictures as well as a link to YouTube tomorrow when I get it all cleaned up.

Badass man! I definately wanna see it, I'll check it out in a min.

killer1963daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
any canucks on here? i am in north east bc, trying to source a dealer for a 4/6 lowering kit

Dropthefeeder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the flip kit on my 04...torsion bars right loose. garbage.
you need to ditch the shackles and leave some torsion on the bars or its like being in a boat. also the notch that comes with the flip is not very good. time to cut it up and replace bars with bags

lowdodge_zps1f9529a2.jpg

Dropthefeeder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
also i just got my kit from summit, fairly cheap as long as you pay brokerage up front.