Magnaflow vs Flowmaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunner1374

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
On my dual setup, I had to go back and add 12" tips to get the deep rumble tone that I was looking for. The stock tips just wouldn't get it. It is amazing how much different a setup will sound with room to expand in some larger or longer tips.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my dual setup, I had to go back and add 12" tips to get the deep rumble tone that I was looking for. The stock tips just wouldn't get it. It is amazing how much different a setup will sound with room to expand in some larger or longer tips.

Exactly. When I took my tips off the truck was almost as quiet as stock. It kinda suprised me, that so much of the sound is made in the tips.

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
You guys are starting to scare me now.. making me thing I should of got the 18 or something lol.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, no no! You got a good one! I would not trade mine for anything.

Actually, I had some fun today with this kid trying to get sporty in a Subaru Forester, at a red light!
Light turns green and I gave him a little start before I punched it and the ****** truck roared to life like an angry monster coming out of hybernation...
best part was my dear little truck, gave my Subaru friend a massive screech into second gear, JUST as the rear tires were passing his open driver side window!!!
Damn it was fun, and the timing was perfect!

Note to self: In the future, I should probably be a little bit less proud of wasting a Subaru Forester... it's a Forester.

Last edited:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum

Actually, I had some fun today with this kid trying to get sporty in a Subaru Forester, at a red light! Light turns green and I gave him a little start before I punched it and the ****** truck roared to life like an angry monster coming out of hybernation... best part was my dear little truck gave my Subaru friend a massive screech into second gear, JUST as the rear tires were passing his open driver side window!!! Damn it was fun!!!
haha that's great.

People that say tips don't affect sound don't really know how sound works to begin with. There is a reason why a Cummins with a 4.5in tip or no tip is much quieter than one with the 14incher: a tip acts as a megaphone projecting the sound the exhaust system produces. Larger or longer the tip, the more sound will be projected.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
haha that's great.

People that say tips don't affect sound don't really know how sound works to begin with. There is a reason why a Cummins with a 4.5in tip or no tip is much quieter than one with the 14incher: a tip acts as a megaphone projecting the sound the exhaust system produces. Larger or longer the tip, the more sound will be projected.

^^^ Exactly amigo!

Which begs the question: For those looking for more/different sound from their exhaust, how much of it could be achieved with tips...:hmm:
:superhack:
:buffer:
:shocked:
:waytogo:

dodge dude94

Millennial Boomer
Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Ram 1500
Engine
5.9 Magnum
^^^ Exactly amigo!

Which begs the question: For those looking for more/different sound from their exhaust, how much of it could be achieved with tips...:hmm:
:superhack:
:buffer:
:shocked:
:waytogo:
I honestly think that depends on the muffler that has been chosen. Obviously, a stock muffler will still sound stockish with 5in tips, but that's not the case with an 18in case Maggy.
Ever heard the volume of the dudes that are running dual 4in tips on their exhausts that are dumped? :crazy:
Are we still talking about mufflers? If not I think you are exaggerating. Lmao!
:roflsquared:

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I honestly think that depends on the muffler that has been chosen. Obviously, a stock muffler will still sound stockish with 5in tips, but that's not the case with an 18in case Maggy.
Ever heard the volume of the dudes that are running dual 4in tips on their exhausts that are dumped? :crazy:

I agree. But I do wonder if anyone has just thrown the 5" MF tips on and how much of a difference it made.

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI

Actually, I had some fun today with this kid trying to get sporty in a Subaru Forester, at a red light!
Light turns green and I gave him a little start before I punched it and the ****** truck roared to life like an angry monster coming out of hybernation...
best part was my dear little truck, gave my Subaru friend a massive screech into second gear, JUST as the rear tires were passing his open driver side window!!!
Damn it was fun, and the timing was perfect!

Note to self: In the future, I should probably be a little bit less proud of wasting a Subaru Forester... it's a Forester.

Being a former Subaru fan boy. I can say not all Foresters are just Foresters. You come across a Forester XT and your going to get your ass handed to you, especially if its moded, they are nothing more than funny looking WRX's. and the ones back in 2007 had the STi motor in it, a quick 3-5 grand and they will run 11's lol. hell my WRX with just a tune and 2 bolt ons put down 300AWHP, power to weight ratio would destroy a fully bolted RAM

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being a former Subaru fan boy. I can say not all Foresters are just Foresters. You come across a Forester XT and your going to get your ass handed to you, especially if its moded, they are nothing more than funny looking WRX's. and the ones back in 2007 had the STi motor in it, a quick 3-5 grand and they will run 11's lol. hell my WRX with just a tune and 2 bolt ons put down 300AWHP, power to weight ratio would destroy a fully bolted RAM

Thanks for raining on my parade... J/K Lol!

I am also a former Subaru fan and owner, and I am aware of their potential. However, I know what's what by looking at it, and the base model Forester with steel wheels and the 2.5 is what I had a little fun with. :)

I have to say, he did fire in a straighter, cleaner line than I did, that AWD is pretty f...ing awesome!

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Ill race 2.5i's all day lol but if I know its got a turbo it's game over

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^ True! I know who to play with and who not to play with... lol! I don't exactly search out vehicles that would smoke me!
I am dying to pull up to a light next to a modded RCSB, n/a. That would make my day! Chances of that are slim though, cuz everyone has the CC or QC. :(

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
THANKS MAN! I'm SOOO Pumped, the stickers they gave me are bad ass too hahaha

OP
OP
Jmhm17

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So i been driving around a bit and im getting used to the sound. I was suprised how bassy it is under load. If im going up a hill on the highway it drones, not really bad, but you can tell I have an aftermarket muffler (nothing the radio cant fix tho). driving around town tho its perfect, just what i was looking for. Its got a nice rumble and its controlable, its not stupid loud and its not really quiet. Its a perfect sound for me, its one of those rumbles that only true car guys would turn their head for to see whats coming down the road.

I think the FM 50HD would of been too loud and droned even more on the highway, granted it would of had that genuine V8 hollow sexy rumble, but I think I would of got annoyed with it real quick. These days V8's have higher compression, and a smooth idle - a nice bassy exhaust for the style of my truck fits well I think.

Over all I am very happy, and thank everyone for their support on helping me decide on my purchase. I will attempt to post up a video, but like all I have watched over the past few months, nothing does justice like hearing it in person..