Maintenance log?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthwestGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Is there such a thing as a maintenance log for these trucks/engines that you can keep in the vehicle so that you can easily see whats coming up and then check things off and write notes as the work is done? I know what all work is required and at what intervals but it would be nice to have a clearly formatted book with a pocket to keep receipts, especially when you go to sell the vehicle.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I've seen them in bookstores and truck stops. Quite a variety of them. From what I've seen, most are formatted along what a truck driver would monitor for a Class 7 or Class 8 semi but I think they would work for a light duty truck as well.

Check out Barnes&Noble.com

OP
OP
NorthwestGuy

NorthwestGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
I've seen them in bookstores and truck stops. Quite a variety of them. From what I've seen, most are formatted along what a truck driver would monitor for a Class 7 or Class 8 semi but I think they would work for a light duty truck as well.

Check out Barnes&Noble.com
Yeah, I've seen the generic ones. I thought there might be one specifically for the Ram/Cummins though. I'll probably just create my own.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Have you checked the Ram website?

Yeah, you can build your own from the maintenance schedule in the Owner's Manual.

SyN

6.7L CTD Owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 4WD - Tow Prep Pkg - Off-Road Pkg - 3:42s w/Anti-Slip
Engine
6.7L CTD
I down loaded a generic maintenance log on my Personal Tablet.
It lets me create all the items I wanted to keep track off as well as notes with each service.
As well as each service interval time & miles desired.

All I have to do is keep the miles updated then I receive reminders when the service is due.

Paper would probably be a better idea but I don't need another doodle pad laying around for all the notes I keep on my Ram.

Once a month I have 2min to spare: I just update my mileage on my phone & tablet.
I’m sure in the near future they will have an app that will Bluetooth your phone to your vehicle So your service mileage will update all your services automatically.

Last edited:
OP
OP
NorthwestGuy

NorthwestGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
You can use the Mopar owners app to keep track. You could also use Amsoil Garage. If you want to keep up with it electronically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I've checked out both of those and they look very useful.

OP
OP
NorthwestGuy

NorthwestGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 6.7
Have you checked the Ram website?

Yeah, you can build your own from the maintenance schedule in the Owner's Manual.
Thats probably what I'll do just to have a paper backup in case Little Kim destroys the power grid. I got registered on the Ram website, too. I want to leave as big a trail of diligent maintenance as I can to enhance the resale value. The only reason I bought a new one is because I couldn't find a used one who's owner could convince me that he had always been on top of every maintenance item.

Diller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins
I just keep a small notepad in my truck and log all maintenance. Low tech but easy to keep up to date. There are several apps out there that help with alerts but require you to log mileage and I'm not good enough to keep that up to date.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodie1990