map vacuum line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello, is the map sensor on a 94 1500 5.9 gas engine calibrated to a specific vacuum line size/tube or will universal hose work?

Robeffy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 TD
Hey, its bolted onto the throttle body, no vacuum line at all. I think its the one nearest the front of the motor. The TPS is inline with the throttle shaft, and the IAC ( Idle Air Control ) is at the back on the drivers side.
Hope that helps

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any hose should work (that doesn't collapse under a vacuum and can tolerate fuel and oil vapors), the simple factory hose/rubber fitting is just very neatly tucked in there.

Rob2gen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mopar Magnum 360
I was looking for the "rubber fitting" (according to service manual) for my MAP sensor today and have had absolutely no luck. Ordered new one months ago but it didn't include the rubber fitting. Thinking I'm going to have to measure the interior diameter of the hose (it's tiny) but finding one with the 90 degree bend??? Don't want it to collapse under vacuum. Any advise would be appreciated.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Look in the local wrecking yards, they were on all of the V8's and maybe some of the cars - I can't remember for sure.