Merry Christmas from FCA...Another Recall...LOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah,....Merry Christmas, right?!?! Unbelievable.
I'm not doing the recall. It says it would be driver error anyways. I always use the parking brake and I always put my foot on the brake when shifting my truck out of park.
I'll pass on your recall FCA, thanks. ;) :D

mohemipar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 4.10's
Yes, FCA is only Manufacturer with recalls.... LOL

tdeperte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah,....Merry Christmas, right?!?! Unbelievable.
I'm not doing the recall. It says it would be driver error anyways. I always use the parking brake and I always put my foot on the brake when shifting my truck out of park.
I'll pass on your recall FCA, thanks. ;) :D
Not a good idea. Getting it done. There are posts in other threads about the trucks moving on their own with the driver in the house with the key fob in his pocket.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not a good idea. Getting it done. There are posts in other threads about the trucks moving on their own with the driver in the house with the key fob in his pocket.
Wow,...that's crazy!
Is that with the convenience group package? I don't have that. I've had my truck for 2 years now and no issue like that. Weird.

Ramnewbie

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the Uber option, will pick you up at you're front door.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
see the dial shifter isn't so bad after all LOL

nukegm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
yet another reason for the manual trans/g56. merry christmas comrades!

HvyDuty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Isn't like every single F150 built since 2015 under recall?

With such a highly competitive full size truck market (well GM really isn't lol) its not surprising the amount of recalls, rushing stuff to market. When I think of a new 10 speed Ford transmission, I shudder lol.

ronheater70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't know about ram, but if your not considering not getting it done, I went that round with ford on my ecoboost. They wanted to refresh the PCM for emissions issue.. I had read how some had bad results with it, including a very noticeable drop in mileage.
In the end, Ford said if I didn't agree to the flash, that I would void the rest of my warranty so I had it done (and suffered no performance issues).. If I get something in the mail, Ill have it done.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Funny that OP is complaining about FCA issuing recalls. It used to be everyone B*tched about how hard it was to get Daimler/Chrysler to issue badly needed recalls--because it damaged their fragile (over inflated) German egos to admit they screwed up some engineering.

caskem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Thanks for posting the recall site. I put in my VIN and there are no recalls on my 2015 2500. Whew...

WalterG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every manufacturer has recalls. Like said, rushing them to market to compete is a hotbed for mistakes.

We have a 17 Chevy Duramax at my work that has already been in for one recall and it only has about 4K on it.

jscholtenjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
I'm definitely getting this fixed if I need to.
I had a little girl jump into the drivers seat in an old Chevy I had she pooped it right into reverse and her foot was 2 feet away from the pedal. I always thought it was awsome that I didn't have to hold the brake to go but after that I'm not taking any chances!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good thing no rotary dials!!

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks for posting the recall site. I put in my VIN and there are no recalls on my 2015 2500. Whew...

Yep, same here. One less thing to worry about.

Don't get too excited yet. There was talk of the water pump recall on the 6.7 CTD for a couple months before the letters went out and the website had the recall info. You might still be included, just not officially yet.

You might want to check here too...

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

...I put my vin in the site the OP posted and it said no info. Using the Mopar site it still lists the water pump recall for mine, nothing on this recall though (so far).

caskem

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Don't get too excited yet. There was talk of the water pump recall on the 6.7 CTD for a couple months before the letters went out and the website had the recall info. You might still be included, just not officially yet.

You might want to check here too...

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/my-vehicle/recalls/search.html

...I put my vin in the site the OP posted and it said no info. Using the Mopar site it still lists the water pump recall for mine, nothing on this recall though (so far).[/QUOTE

Thanks for the additional site. No recalls there either, although it did show one completed in May 2017 before I owned the truck.

WWDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
1996 & 1998
Engine
5.9 Gas & 5.9 Diesel
Kinda funny some of the dialog I have read; I drove trucks for many many years that did not require depressing the brake pedal to place the transmission in any gear and you never heard anyone complain much about it!
I know it is a safety thing, but the driver should always be responsible for safety first and not have to depend on the truck to prevent them from making stupid mistakes... JMO