MidwestExpress Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Hanging strong man, no regerts. I've been working from home since Rona season started last March, so I really haven't put many miles on it, but it's handled everything that I've thrown at it just fine. It's a little overkill for my uses truthfully, but I got good pricing on the parts and can live happy with what I paid and the ROI that I got. It's solid for street use and smooths out gravel/dirt roads & farm fields with ease. My only small gripe is the rear end seems to jump around a bit, nothing horrible - but I do plan on adding the Carli TB drop bracket and replace the control arms at some point.

That's awesome. I haven't sold off the idea of goin with icons, honestly everything is overkill in a sense, but ride quality is so worth it. I'm juggling a few ideas, icon is one of them and is the second choice. I'm having a hard time finding something that handles the weight of my front end that isn't custom spec. Add a bumper and winch and that puts most options out of the game. Icon "seems" to be a bit firmer, but my truck is chonky, so that might work to my favor.

Interesting with the rear being chattery. Considering the icons are digressive and the coils are upped in rate im not surprised, especially unloaded. When the time comes some linear shocks would surely help. The Fox rears feel so much better than my old 5100s which acted the same way you describe, and there's no way to tell the valving is different front to rear either contrary to what you'd think.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
View attachment 234019

My 1st time ever getting a tune for a vehicle. I ordered direct through Hemifever and working with him has been awesome. Purchased the i3 and custom tune. I've only had it for 6 days so far. I ran a canned tune for a few days and that was meh. After sending Hemifever some files, I've had his custom tune in now for a few days and that's been great. I sent him a data log to really perfect the tune, but he didn't like the readings due to possibly the gas that I had in it, so I'm going to work on burning the current gas (Costco) and getting different gas (Shell) in the tank over the next week or so and will then send him another data log to see what he thinks.

Probably the least anticipated, but best part of the tune is that the MDS is now off and my exhaust sound is soo much more consistent. I had just been used to the exhaust sound fluctuating with the MDS all this time - now having a constant V8 rumble and no sound flutters has become a much more enjoyable drive around town.

How have the upgrades and tune been treating you? I've been contemplating doing a similar set up to mine.

OP
OP
MidwestExpress

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
How have the upgrades and tune been treating you? I've been contemplating doing a similar set up to mine.

I really dig it. Driving the truck is just fun. The throttle response is great and the motor feels strong. I find myself pushing it too hard, too often though just driving around town haha. Just a couple days ago - a fart can, dropped Civic was behind me approaching a stop light, then cut over to the lane next to me when the light turned red. I knew he was going to try to accelerate quickly on the green and that he would cut right back in front of me to turn right at the next light. I should've not cared and just let him do his thing, but ego got the best of me - so I jumped off the line (he did too, just like I expected) - we ran neck and neck, his little motor was screaming for all it could but he had to back off the throttle and duck right back in behind me to make his right turn : )