mileage ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tallen4392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
does anyone know where I can send my upgraded cluster to get the mileage to match my current mileage on my truck. it is a 2012

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
does anyone know where I can send my upgraded cluster to get the mileage to match my current mileage on my truck. it is a 2012
If its possible to do the upgrade you "might" be able to do it yourself with AlfaOBD. If not Dominic with TVandNAV2Go might be able to do it.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tallen4392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought that also I called my dealer they said no they would not change it but they are known to be a pain to deal with

NewBlackDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I thought that also I called my dealer they said no they would not change it but they are known to be a pain to deal with

I’ll bet if you overspent on the cluster from them, and paid their stupid high labor prices they would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

tallen4392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s what they said you have to buy the cluster there and when they order it it will be programmed with the convection mileage $$$$$$

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I’d have thought DIY mileage rollback would be next to impossible. Otherwise, how would anyone trust any odometer reading?
I’ll bet if you overspent on the cluster from them, and paid their stupid high labor prices they would do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It works on 2013+ clusters but 2009-2012 are different.

There is nothing wrong with DIY mileage correction. Even if you can't correct it, if you record/disclose the variance if you wish to sell it later its completely legal.

In fact, it is illegal only for dealership's to perform the correction. By law, they must send the cluster to a third party. So they are correct "they" cannot perform this service for you. If you find a dealership that will do it, they will keep your vehicle while they send off the cluster but they will only replace it with the same type of cluster that came with the truck from the factory.

TLDR: Mileage correction = legal....Fraud = illegal.

Here is the thread to ask your DIY question.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17770&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk