Moog lower ball joint and control arm questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

elcid98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2011 Ram 1500 with a 6'' RCX suspension lift and 37'' Nittos on 20'' rims. Passenger lower ball joint is going out and I figured I'd replace driver and passenger side while I'm at it. It looks like I have to buy the control arm and ball joint assembly together (not just ball joint) I want to beef up my front suspensions since I live on a gravel road and it's pretty bumpy. From what I've read here it looks like MOOG is the way to go (as opposed to factory MOPAR)

A few questions
- anyone install the MOOG control arm and ball joint assembly? Wondering if this is something I want to try and do myself...I replaced wheel bearing assembly and that was a bit of a pain. If it's easier than replacing wheel bearing assembly I may do it myself but I wasn't sure on the complexity.

- From what I can tell the Moog part I need is RK621605 and Rk621606. I'm having trouble finding this part online...looks like RockAuto has it but I've never used them before. Any recommendations on places to purchase?

- Anything else I should replace while I'm at it (bushings, etc..)

Thanks

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've used RockAuto plenty of times. They're prices are a little high though if I'm honest. It really depends, search around first. They charge shipping, and it's not always cheap. But sometimes they end up being the best. I usually search there first, then elsewhere and come back if they're still the best in town.

They ship fast and they're honest. Rebuilt the whole front end on my Trailblazer with Moog parts and ended up buying almost everything from Rock Auto.

Good luck.

OP
OP
elcid98

elcid98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the response. I'll try them out. Looks like Moog makes good stuff so I think I'll try out lower ball joint control arms... hopefully it will hold up with my 37s.

madrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I too have used RockAuto many times. Great company. A lot of Titan guys (where I came from) replaced their LCA/ball joints using the Moog setup from RockAuto.

OP
OP
elcid98

elcid98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all the responses. Went to order and not sure I have the right part.

I looks like the moog part isn't the right one b/c it says RWD and it's so much cheaper than the MOPAR part.. anyone have moog ball joint control arm assembly and happen to remember the part #?
7-23-20143-29-14PM_zps2bf286af.jpg

I also found these control arms from ReadyLift and doesn't seem like a bad price for 2 and may fix some alignment issues from having 6'' lift and 37s
7-23-20143-36-27PM_zps57e40473.jpg

anyone have these control arms from ReadyLift or are there better alternatives out there?

Thanks

OP
OP
elcid98

elcid98

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just realized that was an upper control arm ball joint kit... I need lower control arm+ball joint. Can't really find a lot out there for replacements of lower ball joint and control arms