More than a key fob battery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Some people have had a good experience with gently prying up on those springs around the battery

danielmid

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was having similar issues, as dumb as it sounds try taking your key fob apart all the way, gently squeeze the battery tight to the circuit board and press your remote start button and see what happens. I had help and this is actually what my issue was. I found some thin foam (maybe 1/8") that I cut a piece out from and placed it behind the battery.
Both of my fobs were doing the same and it fixed both. Door handle sensors now work like they should along with the remote start
I bought a replacement key fob from eBay and used Alfa to program it and then swapped my factory cut key into the new fob. Worked fine since then.

cmosesak15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I originally had this post in Electronics and never received a response, si figured I'd try it here! So I've got a 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 Hemi ,I've been having issues with my key fob! Over the last winter I lost the remote start capability. It would work every once in a while, but it took 3 or 4 attempts for it to work. Replaced the battery in the fob , but problem remained. Now I get in the truck and it shows" no key fob detected "! I replaced the key fob battery again and it helped for a day or two, but then again "no key fob detected". If I hold the fob right next to the start button ,it will start! It's obviously not the key fob because I've changed batteries and switched fobs. Any ideas what else it could be?
Thanks!

Ive read through this whole post and it seems like what everyone is saying is all relating to the key. I have tried all the options to get it to work by prying it open. One thing I noticed and Im not sure if it matters is that when I replaced the battery, I put what was in there previously which was a CR2032 I think 3V - I saw a locksmith commenting on here about a 3.5V battery. Thats something I was thinking about looking into. Also, I might as well get a new key to try that as well.

I have no lock, no autostart and even no panic. I have unlock only. trying with both RKE. Doing all the stuff with the remote. I was almost leaning towards the receiver, but I dont know much about them on this truck (2014 Ram 2500 CC 6.4H)

I am going to try those options just to try it, but I am also wondering about receiver replacement. I need to figure out where to look for that. Im going to try prodemand right now.

cmosesak15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
In prodemand. I found a Service Campaign Bulletin: P15 Reprogram radio frequency module
I cant copy and paste but it says that eventually they can cause slow or no passive entry response, no response to RKE commands or display dashes for tire pressure readings in cluster. Im going to give my deal a call and ask about this.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
In prodemand. I found a Service Campaign Bulletin: P15 Reprogram radio frequency module
I cant copy and paste but it says that eventually they can cause slow or no passive entry response, no response to RKE commands or display dashes for tire pressure readings in cluster. Im going to give my deal a call and ask about this.
Hmmmm. Kind of sounds exactly like what my '16 is doing.... But bulletin specifically says '14