Mountain Brown/Frost Beige two tone interior. Do you love it or hate it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So, I just put a deposit on a brand new 2021 Laramie 2500 with the mountain brown/frost beige interior and the granite crystal metallic exterior. I haven't actually seen the truck because it is still on it's way to the dealership. At the time I decided on it, the combination sounded really good in my mind. But I've looked at a lot of pictures online since and sometimes I think it looks really good and then other times not so good. The frost beige looks almost white and it is a sharp contrast to the brown. I keep going back and forth about it. It isn't too late to turn back as I haven't signed anything yet. Do any of you have this interior or have seen it up close? What do you think? I'm sure it probably looks different up close than it does in pictures.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had basically the same color interior in my 2015 Laramie and honestly it was considerably harder to keep clean(the frost beige seats that is) than the black I have now. Personally wish grey was an option but its not. I would definitely stick with black if I were to do it again.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The thought has crossed my mind about the lighter color showing up dirt/stains and such much easier than a darker color. But with it being leather I figured it would be easier to clean or keep clean than cloth interior. I think I read that the mountain brown/beige or either black were the only two options with the gray exterior. I think a solid tan would have been a nice option to have. I just worry that the two colors will contrast too much and hit me in the face evertime I get in the truck.

LouM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Ecodiesel crewcab old/ now 2019 Laramie Hemi
Engine
eco diesel old / now Hemi missing the eco's mileage
mountain brown/frost beige interior
I just picked up my used 2019 1500 Laramie with this interior and the blue exterior.
I am sick and tired of all these black interiors, I was searching for a light colored interior with a bench seat for quite a while.
I also don't like the huge full length console while the storage space is nice it closes in the front cabin area too much.
Yes, the light colored interior is going show some dirt but the black shows up dust quite rapidly also.
In short yes I like the light colored interior.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
That was kind of my thought. Black looks good and would definitely be easier to keep clean, but it seems like black is pretty much all you see. Glad to hear you like it. I don't think I would mind if it was all beige or all brown. I was just a little unsure how the two colors looked together in real life, as opposed to on the screen of my phone. The dealer has a 1500 on the lot with this interior. I'm gonna ride over this week and take a look at it. Mine is still probably 2-3 weeks out from delivery.

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My last vehicle was a brown/tan and I really liked it. When buying my truck, I found the one I ultimately bought and one very similar with the two-tone...unfortunately the two-tone interior truck was missing a couple options inside and had fender flares that I didn't want.

The two-tone is less common for sure, but I think it's nice.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I think I will be happy with it. It's just a lot different from anything I've had in the past. I have never bought a truck sight unseen before so it's a little nerve racking for me.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm sure you will be happy with the color choice. I too am sick off all black interiors. I ordered my truck with the black/light mountain brown interior and absolutely love it. Everyone who sees it says the same thing.

Red

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have seen pictures online of the black and brown two tone interior and I agree, that looks really nice. I feel like those two colors go well together. I was just worried about the mountain brown and frost beige clashing because of the beige being such a light color. But I'm feeling better about it now.

OtterOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wife had one previously, we both liked the way it looked. I am more of a dark-interior minded person so it wasn’t for me.

Although that saddle brown in the longhorn is looking pretty sweet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had basically the same color interior in my 2015 Laramie and honestly it was considerably harder to keep clean(the frost beige seats that is) than the black I have now. Personally wish grey was an option but its not. I would definitely stick with black if I were to do it again.

I had to go back to build sheet, but I have this: Black/Light Mountain Brown. Works for me... I do have a "black" dashboard cover, because I found that the reflection from the "light" color on the front glass was real bad.

41976600_163563681235808_3355622240006701056_n.jpg

DSCN0579.JPG

Before I got the dash cover, monster reflection in front windshield, I found it real annoying.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure you will be happy with the color choice. I too am sick off all black interiors. I ordered my truck with the black/light mountain brown interior and absolutely love it. Everyone who sees it says the same thing.

Red

PAPA

BOIRD sure do like that longer 8' bed, on that 2500, real sharp, especially the Bright Flame Red Exterior (hmmm, looks familiar), though be interesting to park some places, lol...

trkwash.jpg

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I agree. The Longhorn interior is sweet. Just a little out of my price range, though. But honestly, Ram has great interiors across the board. I'm coming over to Ram from a Ford and the interior in the Laramie is far and away better than an equally equipped Lariat. And cheaper too. Ford's upper trim levels are stupid expensive.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I had to go back to build sheet, but I have this: Black/Light Mountain Brown. Works for me... I do have a "black" dashboard cover, because I found that the reflection from the "light" color on the front glass was real bad.

View attachment 246104

Thanks for the pics. That really helps me to get a visual of what mine will look like.

View attachment 246105

Before I got the dash cover, monster reflection in front windshield, I found it real annoying.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
What I like about the lighter interiors is you can see if anything gets dirty and clean it. Not that light interiors are hard to clean. Black can get dirty, just harder to see it.

N8sBrewing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think I have the same colors as you. 2017 Laramie 1500 with Leather Canyon Brown / Light Frost Beige inside and Black Granite Crystal paint.
In So Cal all black/dark would be too much for the heat factor. Like the look and not hard to keep clean.

OP
OP
davalt75

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Glad to hear it. I think I'll be happy. I feel better about my choice after reading everyone's comments.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Everyone's different but no way I want a light colored seat material in ANY vehicle I own*, least of all a truck.

*I would consider it on a show-only trailer queen.