My first Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi guys,

New member here. I just bought my first ever Ram truck.
I've been a Titan owner in the past but they recently announced that they were no longer going to be selling the Titan here in Canada so I bailed and looked for my next purchase.
After looking at the Ford and GM offerings, we decided to go with a 2020 Ram Sport Stormtrooper edition.

I look forward to being a happy Ram owner!

Cheers,
Rob

ram1.png

ram2.png

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.. Great looking truck, congrats!

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
:welcome:

Nice looking truck ! :)

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome, beautiful truck!

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a unique looking truck and I haven't seen one like that yet. But, I do have to say that it looks good. Congratulations on your switch over to the dark side! And, welcome to the RamForum and Ram Family.

OP
OP
G

Grimey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a unique looking truck and I haven't seen one like that yet. But, I do have to say that it looks good. Congratulations on your switch over to the dark side! And, welcome to the RamForum and Ram Family.

What I liked about the Titan was that I rarely seen another one. It stood out. That is what I liked about this particular truck as well; it is very different than the rebel or other rams I see driving around. I think the ram looks sharp but there are a lot of trucks in my neighborhood and I like to have something different.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, that is the first one that I've seen like that so it would definitely stick out around here.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hi guys,

New member here. I just bought my first ever Ram truck.
I've been a Titan owner in the past but they recently announced that they were no longer going to be selling the Titan here in Canada so I bailed and looked for my next purchase.
After looking at the Ford and GM offerings, we decided to go with a 2020 Ram Sport Stormtrooper edition.

I look forward to being a happy Ram owner!

Cheers,
Rob

View attachment 219887

View attachment 219888

Lol that’s so funny you posted this as your truck has the AirDesigns appearance kit on it, and I have never seen other rams with it, like, ever. And I myself just bought the AirDesigns tailgate appliqué for my Ram.

12b7f9fc80ff8e51cc3d589970f7655c.jpg

8e0fa5a6103cf5ec6b15f69c8ac7c260.jpg

Yours is the only other Ram I’ve seen with the AirDesigns tailgate panel, I’ve seen a few with the tailgate spoiler though.

It appears your truck has the entire kit, but I can’t see if it has the hood scoop addon or not.

Otherwise, nice truck. I love the black and white combo.

Also your truck is the perfect truck for this badge

c688fa126019191e1149a7510cbbeb05.jpg

https://maineventemblems.com/collec...per-tailgate-badge-19-20-ram®-white-and-black

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Grimey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol that’s so funny you posted this as your truck has the AirDesigns appearance kit on it, and I have never seen other rams with it, like, ever. And I myself just bought the AirDesigns tailgate appliqué for my Ram.

Thanks! I believe the black panel in the hood has been replaced if that’s what you are referring to. I like the badge you linked!

Your truck looks great!

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice rig. I guess your dealer did some customizing on the Ram Sport. There are dealers in my area that do the same thing.

I think you upgraded. I never like the new styling of the Titan. It just looked like Nissan took cool features of competitors trucks and then slapped them all together with no thought of a seamless design flow.

OP
OP
G

Grimey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you upgraded. I never like the new styling of the Titan. It just looked like Nissan took cool features of competitors trucks and then slapped them all together with no thought of a seamless design flow.

The Titan is better than the auto journalists give credit (in the entry level segment; it doesn’t compete in luxury ) but I had some issues with the truck including having the engine replaced at 10,000 miles. We weren’t very impressed.

The styling is subjective but I do agree at some angles it lacks the flow. I had the midnight edition which in my opinion is the nicest way to build the Titan.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thanks! I believe the black panel in the hood has been replaced if that’s what you are referring to. I like the badge you linked!

Your truck looks great!

It looks like you have the entire Air Designs kit, except for the hood scoop addon. I am guessing that is because you have the “sport/premium” hood and the AirDesigns hood scoop is meant for the plain/base model hood.

https://airdesignusa.com/2013-2020-new-ram-1500-off-road-styling-kit-crew-cab-with-drl-s.html

^^^ there’s the kit the dealer installed.

And thank you, i has put my truck back to stock to sell it but right after I got it back to stock, me and my gf decided to buy a house so I decided it was best to wait another 2yrs before selling my Ram and buying a brand new one and having a big car loan right when I bought a house. So within the last 2-3 weeks I’ve bought a lot of new parts for my truck to mod it again, but this time I’ve gone with different parts for a different style. I love the AirDesigns Tailgate Appliqué I put on, makes my Ram way more unique compared to every other red one I see on the road lol.

OP
OP
G

Grimey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It looks like you have the entire Air Designs kit, except for the hood scoop addon. I am guessing that is because you have the “sport/premium” hood and the AirDesigns hood scoop is meant for the plain/base model hood.

It looks mostly complete. The dealer even added the floor mats.
You’re probably right about the hood and it looks like the fender vents are also missing (which I prefer).

The back seat was full of parts to restore to stock including a levelling or lift kit. Not sure which.
In that pile was a large foam wrapped item that I thought might have been the old scoop but now I’m not sure.

I get the truck on Tuesday so I’ll have a better idea then.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It looks mostly complete. The dealer even added the floor mats.
You’re probably right about the hood and it looks like the fender vents are also missing (which I prefer).

The back seat was full of parts to restore to stock including a levelling or lift kit. Not sure which.
In that pile was a large foam wrapped item that I thought might have been the old scoop but now I’m not sure.

I get the truck on Tuesday so I’ll have a better idea then.

Well if your invoice or window sticker says “AirDesigns Full Kit” and your we’re charged full price, then you should absolutely demand the remaining parts for the kit. Even if you have no plans to install the fender vents or the hood scoop, both of them go for $200+ each on eBay, and you can sell them and probably pay your first truck payment with that money.

OP
OP
G

Grimey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well if your invoice or window sticker says “AirDesigns Full Kit” and your we’re charged full price, then you should absolutely demand the remaining parts for the kit. Even if you have no plans to install the fender vents or the hood scoop, both of them go for $200+ each on eBay, and you can sell them and probably pay your first truck payment with that money.

The dealer installed the package and called it stormtrooper 3. They installed a number of things over and above the AirDesigns items.
They also had a “Vader” one in all black but I had a black truck and it’s a lot of work to keep looking nice. I also really liked the contrast of the black on white look.