My first RAM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Damond

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked her up yesterday! Love it!

Tradesman Express Crewcab in blue streak color matched bumpers.

I've been browsing around the forum and was wondering what is ST or LT knock?

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Welcome to the site, congrats on your new truck. Post up a picture when ya get a chance.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Welcome...I love My Blue Streak single cab! You don't see to many of that color. :favorites13:

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked her up yesterday! Love it!

Tradesman Express Crewcab in blue streak color matched bumpers.

I've been browsing around the forum and was wondering what is ST or LT knock?

Welcome aboard. Here's an article that I found while researching knock just yesterday. I am not a mechanic so if I'm way off base here hopefully some one will chime in an correct me.

Knock Retard

Knock as I understand it is another word for detonation whereby the air fuel mixture in the combustion chamber is ignited prior to the firing of the spark plug due to various reasons. The shockwave created by the collision of the prematurely ignited air/fuel with the air/fuel ignited by the spark plugs creates a distinct noise which is detected by knock sensors. The PCM adjusts ignition timing to prevent this from continuing as it can cause serious damage to your engines components. The adjustments are measured in degrees. ST knock (short term) is the nearly instantaneous correction made by the PCM once knock is detected. LT knock (long term) is the PCM's reaction to continued detection of knock resulting in degrees of correction which remain applied due to the continued knock. LT knock continues to be applied in addition to any ST knock that continues to be detection. Think of it as a kind of correction that is made in anticipation of a problem as a result of repeated instances of the problem.