Need a SI/DO Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Why stay away from the y?

Balancing the exhaust flow. Inside th muffler there will be an even distrubution of the exhaust gases, if you put the y after the muffler it can affect the sound and the way the exhaust flows if it doesnt flow evenly through the Y. The gases will take the path of least resistance so if one side is the slightest bit off it can go through one pipe more than the other. Your not combining the gases like it was meant to do you are trying to divide them.

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Screw it get a cutout!

LOL, I'm thinking about getting the xr-1 and putting a cutout in behind it. I can have quiet/loud and then I can have just -- loud lol. It's not as complicated to do either.

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel
This is my choice MagnaFlow 13762 - MagnaFlow XL 3 Chamber Mufflers - Overview - SummitRacing.com

I will see if I can find it on Duane's site.

Edit: According to any and all the searches on Duane's site he doesn't carry just mufflers. The site make's little sense to me and I easily get frustrated dealing with it. So when you have determined what you want post a link from the site you sourced it to Duane to find. It's the only way I know how to make it work using 3rdstrike.

Last edited:

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
LOL, I'm thinking about getting the xr-1 and putting a cutout in behind it. I can have quiet/loud and then I can have just -- loud lol. It's not as complicated to do either.

NO.... It will not be quiet regardless of what you have open. Trust me on this one, I have both the XR1 and a Cutout and with just the headers the ONLY difference was the tone at WOT and that was a few decibles difference. Idle and cruising are about the same and thats with a longer oval muffler, you want a shorter round muffler which is basically like sticking a straight piece of pipe in as the muffler. The sound between the two on a stock truck will be almost identical.

Do one or the other, or pick a quiet muffler and do the cutout NOT both

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca