Walker muffler for 2500?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrenttheMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any help is appreciated! I've got a 2016 2500 tradesman with the 5.7 and I'm looking for a muffler as close to OEM as possible. It's a single 3 inch exhaust. I'd like to go with a Walker, but can't find one that fits my specific truck. Most of the online catalogs I've looked at don't list anything for my truck... Does anyone know of any that would fit my truck even though it doesn't say so online?

OP
OP
B

BrenttheMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OP
OP
B

BrenttheMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I run the Mufflex "moderate" one, the it's the 18" one and has no drone. The "mellow" one is 24".
Do you tow at all? Right now, my truck drones like crazy around 15-18k rpms or when I step on the throttle while pulling a trailer up a hill... do you think the 18" will drone in this rpm band, or should I go with the 24"?

Last edited:

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Do you tow at all? Right now, my truck drones like crazy around 15-18k rpms or when I step on the throttle while pulling a trailer up a hill... do you think the 18" will drone in this rpm band, or should I go with the 24"?
I do tow quite often, but it's light loads. Don't pull my camper anymore. Since you want close to stock I would go with the 24". Here's a video on the 24". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HGYH-rR87s

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I only know of 1 brand that offers a direct fit muffler kit for the 2500 with the 5.7 and we do not offer that brand. My question is, if you want something as close to OEM as possible why are you changing out the muffler? Are you looking for something just slightly louder or does the stock muffler have an issue?

OP
OP
B

BrenttheMouse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I only know of 1 brand that offers a direct fit muffler kit for the 2500 with the 5.7 and we do not offer that brand. My question is, if you want something as close to OEM as possible why are you changing out the muffler? Are you looking for something just slightly louder or does the stock muffler have an issue?
When I bought the truck about a year ago, it had a muffler delete already on it. At first it didn't bother me, but now I'm just sick of the drone and figured getting as close to stock would solve this

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I bought the truck about a year ago, it had a muffler delete already on it. At first it didn't bother me, but now I'm just sick of the drone and figured getting as close to stock would solve this
Ah, ok that makes sense.

In that case what about just installing a universal muffler into the delete you already have? Should be a good lower cost option. We would need the measurement of the straight section on the muffler delete and a pic of it. Then I can see what would work best for you.